Chapter two...

Once we walked into the room I started to feel anxious. What’s wrong with me? Maybe I have the flu?

     “Okay Ashley I have looked over your report and I would like to take a blood test just to make sure that it really is just the flu.” Said the doctor.

     I nodded. I really didn’t like needles and I guess I looked panicked because the doctor smiled at me.

     “I’m really fairly good with needles you won’t feel a thing.” He said.

     Ha! Ya right! That’s normally what people say when it’s going to hurt a lot. Drew took my hand as I lay back on the bed. Then he did the oddest thing just as the doctor was about to put the needle in my arm, Drew leaned forward and kissed me ever so softly on the lips. Oh wow! We kissed for a minute then we heard the doctor. He was laughing. Oh my god. He had just watched me and Drew kiss! My cheeks automatically flushed bright red and I began to get up.

     “Did you feel anything?” He asked me.

     I gasped.

     “Wait you put it in already?” I asked.

     Both he and Drew chuckled. Then he responded to me.

     “How easy it is to distract someone.” He said.

     Huh wow! I guess he really did do it already. Drew took my hand as we were walking to the door. The doctor turned around obviously to tell us something.

     “I’m going to run these down to the lab. The tests should be done within the next fifteen minutes or so.” He said.

     We both muttered a thank you and he smiled and walked away. We found Gabe still sitting in the waiting room half asleep. I nudged him and poked him in the side.

     “OW! Shit! What was that for?” He asked finally waking up.

     “You were almost asleep.” I scolded.

     He looked from me to Drew and I knew that we were both smiling.

     “So what’s wrong with you? Are you okay?” He asked.

     “Well the doc thinks it’s just the flu but they did a blood test just to make sure.” I said.

     He smiled. “That’s good so when can we go home?” He asked getting up.

     “As soon as the test results come back.” I replied.

     Then Drew sat down next to me while my brother stayed standing.

     “I kissed Ashley.” He blurted.

     Shit! Man now what am I gonna do? Could my life get any worse? Just then the doctor came into the waiting room smiling. He walked over to us and smiled at me even brighter.

     “So I got your test results back and…”

     I didn’t let him finish.

     “I’m okay?” I asked.

      He smiled. “You’re more than okay, you’re pregnant!” He said still smiling.

     My heart stopped. “No that’s not possible, I can’t be pregnant.” I said confidently.

      I looked over at Drew who looked like he didn’t know what to say. Then he spoke up, he spoke to the doctor.

     “But she’s on the pill I thought that she couldn’t get pregnant if she was on the pill.” He said at the same time he pulled me to him.

     “Well sometimes it doesn’t work.” He explained.

     Then I spoke up.

     “Honestly I can’t get pregnant so you must have mixed somebody’s test up with mine.”

     Drew gave me a curious look and so did the doctor. Were is Gabe? And why is he not yelling? I looked at the chair beside me to find Gabe snoring quietly. Wow. That boy really can sleep through anything. Okay I know I have to explain now. Great! Taking a deep breath I began talking.

     “Okay when I was thirteen I was raped.” I felt Drew’s whole body stiffen. The doctor just nodded. “And so when I told my mom she took me to the hospital to see if I was okay. And after they ran tests on me they told me everything was fine except for the fact that I would never be able to conceive.” I finished.

     The doctor looked at the paper again and looked at me.

     “Do you still have periods?” He asked.

     I nodded. “Yes”

      “Well if you are still having your periods and my test says your pregnant than you are pregnant.” He stated.

     Then the shock hit me. Oh My God! What if I really am pregnant? I couldn’t go through with that. Could I? Then I looked at Drew and he was smiling. I got up and ran into the bathroom locking the door behind me. Then I slid down with my back against the door and cried.