Chapter 12...

By the time eleven o’clock rolls around Sara and I are already both half asleep. So far we’ve only watched “What happens in Vegas” and “Post Grad”. Now we are currently attempting to watch “Dr. Dolittle million dollar mutts” but it’s not working out so well. Because we’re both half asleep. Also Drew keeps coming in every ten minutes and try’s to talk me into going to sleep or at least laying down. But I refuse. He knows how I am with bets, I never loose. So he’ll just have suck it up.

     For the past few months our relationship has been growing stronger. And to tell you the truth I think I’m falling for him. I thought I loved him before but I really didn’t. Now I know that I really do love him. The only question is…does he love me back? Or is he just staying with me because of the child? Time will only tell. Sara and Gabriel’s relationship is better than ever! They tell each other everything! I’m actually surprised that Sara could stand being around him but it seems like she has actual feelings for him. Huh…who woulda thought? But I knew from the very beginning that they would be the perfect couple and now they are. Am I good or what?

    I laughed out loud not realizing it. Sara gave me a questioning look but I just shook my head. My thoughts suddenly went to who we had seen that afternoon. Just because he’s back doesn’t mean I have to have any contact with him…right? Well I hoped so.

     I zoomed my attention back to the movie. After an hour we were still almost asleep. Then I got a brilliant idea. Since Drew had finally given up it might actually work.

    “Hey Sar…”

     “Hmm?” She looked at me.

     “Let’s go out to Tim’s for coffee!”

     She laughs. “At Midnight!? And we can’t have coffee…”

     “Well fine hot chocolate or decaf. I’m just feeling a little rebelish!”

     “Okay I’m up for it! Let’s go!” She laughed as she got up out of her seat.

     I followed her to the door grabbing my keys off the rack. When I turned around to grab my coat there was a figure standing directly behind me. I almost screamed, almost.

    I did laugh though as I saw my mother’s face in mine.

     “And where do you two think your going at this late hour?”

      “Umm…well we needed to get out so…”

       She laughed. “I won’t tell as long as you let me join you.”

      I looked at her shocked. She really wanted to come? I felt tears build up in my eyes but I didn’t let them spill over because I would probably cause her pain if she saw how much I missed and needed her in the past couple of years. But none of that matters now, because she’s back and I pray to god that she never leaves again.

     I followed her and Sara out the door. Mom decided that she would drive since both Sara and I are pregnant. We managed to get to Tim’s in record time. I wasn’t feeling as tired as before however I knew that if I didn’t get a coffee even decaf I would surely fall asleep.

     We entered the building and ordered our drinks. Once we got them we sat down at a table near the window. I looked around the room. We are the only ones here. I laughed.

    “You guys were the only one’s here besides the workers.”

    They both laughed as well.

     “So girls…I’ve been meaning to talk to you.” My mom began.

     We looked at her expectantly.

     “Well as you both know or have guessed I don’t plan on leaving soon or ever again for that matter. I don’t think I could do it again.”

     “I love you mom.”

     “I love you too sweetie. But I would like to explain why I left in the first place.”

     “Mom.” I interrupted her. “I don’t want to hear it. Really all that matters to me is that you came back and that you love us.”

     “I do.”

     I smiled and so did Sara. I was glad to get out and not feel any pressure from Drew or my brother for a change. I love them both but they can be annoying.

     “So did we wake you?” I ask my mother.

      “No I heard Drew get up every ten minutes to check on you and try to get you to go to bed. But you’re a stubborn thing aren’t you? Must get it from me…” She mused.

     “Mom this has been really nice. I missed doing this. And with Sara here too it’s like I have my mother and my sister with me just chillin with no worry’s. I’ve missed this.”

     “I have to.” She told me.

     I smile.

     “Ya so have I now that you mention it. Those boys are so pushy!” Sara added.

     I laughed. “And that’s why you’re my best friend slash adopted sister.”

     She laughed too and soon all too soon we had to leave. We walked to the car and began our journey home.

     “So let me get this straight your both three months pregnant?”

     We both nod.

     She smiles. “So when is your father coming home?”

     “He said after the baby’s born. He was so mad about this. I haven’t talked to him since he left.”

     “Ya well that’s your father for you. Something goes wrong and he runs away.”

     “Well I don’t care. He was just annoying us when he was home so I’m kinda glad he’s gone for a while…”

     “I don’t blame you.”

      We pulled into the driveway. I noticed a light come on inside.

      “Were dead.” I say.

     They laugh.

      “No seriously guys! Somebody’s awake!”

      Their laughter stops as they both look at the house.

      “Well let’s get this over with.”

     “Honey it’s fine I’ll just tell them that I wanted to take you both out. They can’t say anything about that.” She told me as we got out of the car and walked up the steps.

     I open the door and the second I do someone starts yelling at me.

      *****