Chapter 8...

***************************************

     When I awoke I could tell that it was morning. The sun was shimmering in through my blind. I looked around and saw that the cot that I had made up for Sara the night before had been slept on.

     I lazily got up and then the nausea hit. I quickly got up and ran for the bathroom. As I turned the corner in the hallway I banged into somebody.

    “Oh shit! Sorry Ash!” Drew apologized.

    I didn’t have time to respond I just got up as fast as I could and ran for the bathroom. Luckily I got there just in time. After I was finished I brushed my teeth and unlocked the door. Drew was sitting in front of it a worried expression on his face.

    When he saw me he stood up quickly.

    “Are you okay?” He asked me while he looked me over.

    “Yes and I’m sorry about last night I know that you were just trying to show me that it was my decision and that whatever I chose to do you would be there.” I apologized.

    “It’s fine really.”

    He took my hand in his as we walked into the kitchen. Gabe was nowhere to be seen and Sara was sitting at the kitchen table with a plate stacked full of delicious looking food. I walked over and sat down next to her as Drew poured himself a bowl of cereal.

   “Want some?” Sara asked me gesturing to her plate full of food.

   “Ya of course! Do you even have to ask?”

   She laughed. I grabbed my plate and she put half of her food on my plate.

     “Thanks.”

    Just as I was about to stab one of the pancakes with my fork my plate suddenly disappeared from the table. So instead of stabbing the delicious looking pancake I stabbed the table.

    “Shit!” “It left a mark.” I muttered.

    I looked around to see where my plate went.

    “I swear to god Drew I will beat your ass to hell and back if you don’t give me my food back!”

    He shook his head.

     “You can’t have it back you just finished puking your guts out not ten minutes ago. So you’re not allowed to eat yet.” He said.

      “I am a pregnant, hungry woman! Give me my plate!”

      “NO.”

      “I HATE YOU! YOU JACKASS! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!” I yelled.

     He looked taken aback. And I could see that I had hurt his feelings.

     “I’m so so sorry Drew. I didn’t mean it. I just…” I trailed off. My eyes began to water.

      “Its fine Ash I know it’s my fault and I’m sorry.” He sounded stressed. “Please just don’t cry.” He begged.

     He pulled me into a hug and I felt so much better, most of my tears were gone.

     “It’s just hormones.” I explained.

     He shook his head. “Your brother was right. I am no good for you.” “No man is worth your tears and when you find the one who is he will never make you cry.”

     “No you’re exactly right for me and you didn’t make me cry.”

     He just held me and I was glad that this conversation was over.