Chapter 6...

As the door shut behind him I began to cry. I needed my best friend. I decided to call her. Maybe she’ll be allowed to come over.

       Then phone rang twice before anyone answered.

       “Hello?” My best friend asked.

      “Hey Sara it’s me could you come over I have some news?”

       “Sure just give me ten minutes. I’ll see you soon hang in there okay?”

       And then I heard a click and she was gone. Sara is one of those people who are really supportive and caring. She can tell that a person is upset from a mile away and then decides that she needs to go help them. I love Sara. Just then I heard a knock at my door.

       “Come in!” I yelled.

       I thought that it was Sara so I was surprised when Gabe came in.

      “Hey.” He said.

      “Hi what do you want?”

      “Well I was wondering if we could talk?”

      “Fine but make it quick and if it’s about getting an abortion don’t even start because I won’t.”

       “It’s not I mean its fine with me whatever you choose to do okay? And I’m not mad at you or Drew its just that after you kicked him out he came to my room to see me and he asked me to tell you that he doesn’t want you to have one he just thought that he should let you know that he’ll support you through whatever.”

     “Oh.”

     “Ya and I am sorry for not letting him tell you how he felt it was completely wrong of me. But anyways my point is that if you love him then never let him go. For years now I have been telling him that he is not special enough for you and then I never believed that he was but now I now that he is perfect for you.”

     Umm…wow! How do I respond to that? Gabe is always so outgoing but never in a heartfelt way.

     “I love him Gabriel.”

     “I know.” He was smiling now.

     “I’ll talk to dad because I can see that you don’t want an abortion so I’ll tell him to lay off. Okay?” He asked.

     “Yes. Thank you I love you Gabe.”

      “Love you too sis. Sleep tight.”

      Then right as he was about to open the door it swung open and smacked him in the head.

      “Ow! Shit!” He yelled.

     Then Sara walked in looked terrified.

      “Oh my god! Gabe I am so sorry!” She cried.

      As he was walking out the door he smiled.

      “It’s fine Sara really don’t worry about it.”

     “Are you sure I could get you some ice or something.”

     “No its fine it’ll probably just bruise I’ll be fine.”

     “Oh man a bruise Gabe I am so sorry I really didn’t see you there.”

     “It’s fine Sara.” And he walked away.

     As I shut my door I burst out laughing. Like I mean I doubled over laughing.

     “Sara do not look at me like that. I just think it was funny.” I said frowning.

     Sara and my brother are destined to be together but neither of them will admit it. I’ve tried and tried to get them to notice but with no success.

     “So why did I have to rush all the way over here?” She asked.

     “Well I have some news.”

     She snorted. “Ya I got that on the phone. But what is your news?”

     “Well I think that you might want to sit down.”

     She sat at the tip of my bed and I sat down beside her.

     “Sara a few weeks ago I slept with Drew.” I began.

     “OH MY GOD! NO WAY?!” She screamed.

     “EEEEEEEEEE!”

     “Anyways…” I continued. “I went to the doctor today and he told me something that I was doing that I thought I would never be able to do.” I paused letting her take all of this in. “I’m pregnant. I’m conceiving a baby.” I said.

     “Oh.” Was all she said.

     “And it’s Drew’s and I’m happy.” I added.

     “Oh wow. I’m so happy for you! Is this what you want?” She asked.

     I nodded. That’s what I like about Sara she doesn’t tell you your options or push you into anything she just asks you want you want. I love my best friend! Just then she pulled me into a hug and we sat like that for a minute or two. She pulled back and got up off my bed.

    “I am staying here tonight. I’ll get Gabe to drive me home and I’ll get my bag so that I can be with you tonight since Drew isn’t.”

     “Well I kicked him out he asked if I wanted an abortion and I got mad. I think it’s the hormones.”

    She nodded. “Could be my mom has a book on pregnancy’s I’ll see if I can bring that too.”

     “Okay thanks”

     “No problem see you soon.”

     “Sure.”

     And she walked out of my bedroom closing the door softly behind her.