Chapter 5...

There was a knock at my door.

    I groaned. “GO AWAY!” I yelled. Then my door opened and in walked Drew. He looked devastated and really concerned.

     “Oh thank god! Are you okay?” He asked lightly.

     I shook my head as a sign of no. And I’m not. My father wants me to get rid of my angel. No I couldn’t. I wonder what Drew thinks about all of this. I decided to ask him.

     “Drew.” I whispered in a small voice.

     He pulled me up on my bed and held me in his arms.

     “What’s wrong?” He asked concerned.

     I looked up at him. Okay here goes nothing.

     “Do you want this baby? I mean you’re only seventeen and you have college next year and I can’t take that away from you.” I said managing to keep my tears back.

      He looked dumbfounded.

     “I have everything I want right here I don’t need college if I have you.”

     “But-…”

     “No I want you and I want to this baby. I have been in love with you since the first day I set eyes on you.”

     “Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked. 

     He shrugged his shoulders.

     “I guess I didn’t want you to think that I was crazy or something. I don’t know I was being stupid I guess I should have told you.” He admitted.

     Well that’s weird I mean if it were opposite I would have told him. But I wouldn’t have if my brother stopped me. Oh man! My brother made him keep his feelings from me.

     “Gabe didn’t let you tell me.” I stated.

     He shook his head.

     “No he said that if I told you then you would hate me and never talk to me again. And to be honest I thought that too. Gabe said that I wasn’t allowed to tell you because he wanted somebody really special for you not just anyone.” He explained.

     Drew looked pained. I can’t believe my brother. There is only a two year difference between me and Drew and he is a really special guy.

     “You are not just anyone. I love you. And you are really special.” I comforted.

     He smiled then squeezed me.

     “Umm…Drew you’re hurting me.” I said.

     His smile vanished. His face turned into a pained expression. Then he pulled his arms away and got up off the bed.

     “Shit. Ash I am so sorry. You have to tell me when I hurt you okay?” He asked.

     His expression was priceless. Hahahaha! He fell for it! Well I suppose he is gullible. I burst out laughing.

     “Why are you laughing you would tell me right?” He asked looking concerned.

     “Well…sure…but…it…was…just…funny!” I said in between laughs. “You didn’t hurt me I just wanted to see what you would do. And you immediately pulled away.” I explained.

     He was chuckling now.

     “You really are a unique girl.” He said smiling.

      Then he looked me straight in the eye. “If I ever do anything to hurt you, you need to tell me right away. Do you understand?” He asked me his tone serious.

      “Of course you don’t have to worry though because I know that you’re too gentle to hurt a fly.”

     He laughed. “Well I’m not so sure about that.”

      That’s when I realized that he was still standing in front of me and very awkwardly I might add. So I patted the space on the bed next to me.

      “Come sit back down.” I said.

      “I really think that I should go home now since your dads home and all.”

     I shook my head. No I didn’t want him to go home I needed him more than ever.

     “My dad won’t mind if you stay the night it’s already getting late and he wouldn’t want you walking home in the dark.”

     “I’ll only stay if you want me too.”

     “Of course I want you to. I love you silly daddy.” I said.

     His face lit up when I said that one word. It’s amazing what one word does to a person.

     “I love you too mommy.” He replied.

      At the sound of that one word I melted. Mommy yay! I don’t care how young or old I am I get to be a mommy for life. Drew came over and sat on my bed beside me.

     “What are you thinking about? I said one word and you were gone.”

     “Oh sorry I was just thinking about life and how I really am going to be a mommy.”

     He nodded. I laid down and he plopped down next to me.

     “Are you mad at me for this? I mean it okay? If you are I mean its both of our faults and stuff but its mostly mine I was the one who took your hand and led you into your own bedroom and then I was the one that didn’t stop. I’m so sorry for this and I know that you probably hate me and I don’t blame you for that. Your brother was right I should have left you alone and never have bothered you.” He said.

     I just sat there letting him vent knowing that that is what he needed. None of this is his fault and there is no way in hell that I am mad at him.

     “I love you.” I said.

     He just shook his head.

     “How could you love me? I got you pregnant at fifteen. I feel so bad.”

      “Listen I am overjoyed to be pregnant okay? And as for this being your fault it isn’t I could have asked you to stop at any moment but I didn’t and that is why it is not your fault.” I said.

      “I know that you don’t blame me but I blame myself. And I do want this baby your beautiful angel but I don’t want you to go through with all the pain.”

      “Oh my god! Are you saying that you want me to get an abortion?”

      “Whatever you decide I’ll support but I am just saying that we need to consider all of our options.”

      “Get out.”

      “What?”

      “I said get out.”

      He got up not even arguing because he knew that my dad and brother were home. As the door shut behind him I began to cry.