Chapter 11...

We return home around four and the first thing I smell is pasta. Which is odd because I know for sure that dad isn’t home and Gabe doesn’t cook. I don’t think Drew can cook either. Very weird. I grab the rest of my bags and take them up to our room. Sara follows behind me. Once we put everything on my bed we make our way back downstairs. The first thing I see is long curly brown hair. I look around for the guys for an explanation but I don’t see them. From behind the woman looks to be around fourty. I continue walking into the kitchen with Sara following closely behind me.

    I tap the woman on the shoulder. She turns around slowly. When I see her face I nearly faint.

     “MOM!” I scream while wrapping my arms around her.

     I start crying. I hadn’t realized how much I missed her. We just held each other for a while and then pulled away. I went over to the kitchen table and sat down feeling a little light headed. I had called her about a week before and told her about the baby and about everything. She told me that she wished she could be here for me but she didn’t want a run in with my dad and that she would probably end up leaving us again. I cried myself to sleep that night with Drew comforting me. I was so upset. But none of that matters now. All that matters is that she’s here and that she love’s me.

    “So how is my grand child?”

    “Wonderful! When did you get in?”

    “Just this afternoon. I decided that I could hide from my kids any longer and that I needed to be here for you when you need me the most.” 

   “Thank you.” I say and hug her again.

   “I love you mom.”

   “I love you too sweet heart.”

   “So how did you get in? The guys aren’t home.”

   “There was a key under the mat.”

   “Oh ya I forgot I put that there because lately I’ve been forgetting my keys.”

    She laughs. “Well I made everyone supper but if you don’t mind could you show me to my room? I’m getting tired from the flight and everything.”

    I nod and lead her to the spare room. After telling her good night I begin looking for Sara. Finally I find her outside on the back deck.

    “Hey so my mom made us some spegetti! Let’s eat!”

    “Okay! That actually sounds really good…”

    I laugh and grab her hand. Together we walk hand in hand to the kitchen to eat.

     ****************

     Two hours later Sara and I were getting ready for our movie marathon night. During supper we decided that we should end the day off with a movie marathon soo we plan on watching all the movies we can tonight without falling asleep.

     My bedroom door creaks open and Drew walks in. He’s wearing a pair of jogging pants and no shirt. I smile and hug him before walking over to my DVD rack and grabbing a whole bunch of our favorite movies.

     “So your mom’s back…” He says.

     “Ya! I’m so happy! I missed her so much after she left us.”

     “I could tell. So what are you doing with all those movies?”

     “Oh Sara and I decided to have a movie marathon tonight.” I say happily.

     “What? You are both pregnant! And that means that you need your rest. You can’t just go staying up all night. Your both sleeping for two not just yourselves.”  He said angrily.

     “Oh I’m sorry Drew I didn’t know that getting me pregnant gave you the right to tell me what to do.”

      He shakes his head. I notice Sara take a book, sit down on her bed and start reading it. I guess she thinks this is gonna take a while. Well it’s not.

     “It doesn’t give me the right but I’m just worried about you and our child. I just don’t want anything to happen to either of you.”

     “I understand Drew. I love you. But we are going to have our marathon.”

     He sighs. “I knew you would. I love you too, if you need me I’ll be in my room.”

     “Okay, night.”

     “Night.” He says as he leaves our room.

     I turn around to face Sara.

     “Okay girl let’s get this party started!” I yell.

     She laughs and gets up.

      “Okay let’s make a bet. Whoever falls asleep first has to watch the other persons baby for a day after it’s born. The mother gets to pick the day.”

     “You’re on!”

     *****************