Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

I began tearing up uncontrollably once I realized that Billie had actually left me. I had no fucking idea why. He refused to talk to me and acted like I didn't exist? Why would he do that? What could have happened that may have caused that?

I took a seat on his porch, waiting and hoping that he would come back for me. Did he really storm out because of the easy mac? No, he was leaving anyways. They always leave.

Time slowly passed by. A few minutes here and there. My tears kept streaming. One minute felt like one year, and ten years must have went by.

All of the sudden, the front door swung open. I quickly looked back and wiped back my tears to see who it was.

"Layla? Oh my God! Are you okay? I thought you left me, I couldn't find you anywhere!"

It was Billie Joe? It was Billie Joe!!!

"Billie?" I try to reaffirm through my sobs.

"Holy fuck! Why are you crying?" He came running over to me and immediately embraced me in a huge hug.

"How did you get back in the house?" I attempt to stop weeping like a child.

"What do you mean? I never left? Layla? What happened? You look like a mess!" He took a finger to my cheek and began wiping my tears one by one. "It hurts me inside to see you like this," he tells me.

I look him in his green eyes and can see how much he cares about me. What just happened?

"Where were you?" I question with sniffles.

"I was searching the house for my family. After five minutes, I came back downstairs but no one was here. I looked everywhere, but you were nowhere to be found. Tell me why you were crying."

He pushes my hair back behind my ear and tries to smile to cheer me up, but I was still so baffled by everything.

"Well, I was in your back room behind the kitchen, and I saw you trying to warm up some food, but you were ignoring me and getting all flustered. That's when you got a phone call and—"

Wait...Billie is in my dream, who could have possibly called him? He doesn't have a phone! Oh my God...did I just witness the real Billie? Actual Billie? I'm-living-in-the-real-world-Billie? Holy...

"And? Come on, Lay! Tell me, hun."

"Oh my God," I express.

"What's going on?"

"It was you! It was the real you! That's why you were ignoring me! You couldn't see me! I had another vision, or something of the sorts. Billie, you were making your lunch, and then someone called and you were swearing at them and on your way out of the house. I thought it was you, not the actual Billie, so I began following you out and yelling at you and nudged you, and you dropped your easy mac and left pissed off. I thought you were being a dick and ignoring me, but you were up stairs the whole time!"

"So, you saw other me? Again? I was here? Did you see my wife? My kids?" His voice gets higher and faster.

"No, I don't think anyone else was home. You were just talking to yourself. You seemed so frustrated at everything though. It nerved me to see you so upset."

Billie turned his head towards the street and squinted his eyes a bit.

"I remember."

"Remember what?" I ask.

"I remember being so edgy all the time. Everything pissed me off. I was always stressed the fuck out. The only moments I wasn't was when I was writing, playing music, or sometimes when I was with Addy."