I'm Lost for Words

The second the two of us had kissed, the sky had lightened up and the sun came out. It was almost as if my emotions had controlled the weather, and when we shared our happiness, nature had gotten happier too.

We both pulled away at the sight of sunlight peering between us. Billie was smiling with success. Of course, I then had to smile along with him.

"I hate you," I grin.

"That's not what people usually say after they kiss," he giggles.

"You know I love you, Billie."

"I know, I just like hearing you say it."

He backs away from the hug, but grabs my hand as a replacement and begins to walk.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I really was feeling sick and tired. I tried to prove to myself that I could let you walk away and not care."

"How did that work out?" I smirk, already knowing the answer.

"Not so well, as you may have guessed. 5 minutes later with a worried mind, I began booking it. Seeing you try and jump off that cliff was the cherry on top."

"Well I'm sorry for scaring you, but that jump wouldn't have involved you."

"I know that now."

We walked a little further until I followed Billie's motion of taking a seat in the grass.

"Now that I've got my blood going again, please tell me what you tried to earlier. I'll listen this time, I promise."

It made me happy to know that Billie was actually going to give me an ear and hear me out. I cleared my throat and pulled a strand of hair loose for me to twirl.

"Alright. Where do I even start? I've got two huge things to say, should I just go in order?"

"That'd be ideal."

"Okay, well...do you remember David?"

"Who's that? Who's David?" I could see he was getting a little protective and it made me feel wanted, somehow.

"Do you remember how you said some guy was watching me? Us?"

"That fucker? Yeah I remember him! Did you see him again?" He reached into his pocket and pulled out some pot and a duchess.

"I did. Not only did I see him, but...well..."

"What the fuck did he do to you?"

"You really have no idea, do you?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" He continues to roll his blunt.

"I went out to that reservoir again, and he was there. At first I was a little nervous, remembering what you had said earlier. After talking to him for a couple minutes though, he seemed to be really nice. I didn't mind him so much and I took a liking to him."

"Did you fuck him? Tell me you didn't fuck him!"

"Ewww no of course not! I just met the guy why would I have fucked him?!"

He takes a deep breath and looks back down at his little masterpiece.

"I don't know, some girls are fucking wild. I don't fucking blame them, but damn...I just, I don't want you fucking douchebags!"