You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)

"Layla? Layla can you hear me?"

"Urghh..." I groaned in annoyance.

"Oh thank God! She's waking up!"

My eyes flickered open to see a few EMT's standing around me with my parents. My head flung up as a response and it became apparent that I was in an ambulance.

"What's going on?" I demand.

"Sweetie, you started screaming in pain and then you passed out. We called the ambulance right away."

"I did?"

Oh...I did. I did! I had another vision!

"You're right!" I say ecstatically. "Of course I did, that's the only way I could have saw him! Oh my God! Where's my phone?" I frantically started searching around with my eyes.

"Layla...what's going on?" My father asked.

"I need my phone, where is it?"

"It's at home."

"Why is it at home?" I panicked.

"We were rather concerned about the fact that our daughter was nearly having a seizure on the kitchen floor. Bringing your phone must have slipped our mind," he answered sarcastically.

"I need it! I need to answer Adrienne! How could I have forgotten? It really was him! He really did text me! I wonder how! How could he have my number? This is the single greatest thing I've learned and I don't even have my phone to complete it!"

The EMT's whispered to one another and gave me this glare of craziness.

"We'll be at the hospital in a few minutes," they told my parents.

"I don't need to go to the hospital, I'm fine!"

"Honey...just relax. Everything's going to be okay."

My anxiety started to kick back in. You think the Adderall would have prevented that, but I guess nothing can curve the nerves of a hospital run.

"No...no why do I need to go? Please mom! Dad? Tell them I'm okay. I don't need to go to the hospital."

My parents looked at me with doubt and just nodded their heads in denial. In a matter of minutes the ambulance had stopped and I was lead inside.

"Is this the first time your daughter has fainted in your presence?" The doctor asked my parents.

"Yes," my mom answered.

I was laying down on a bed in my own special little room. Joy. The doc turned to face me.

"Is this the first time you've passed out, Layla?"

Do I tell him the truth? Is the truth worth it? If I lie, maybe I won't be studied too much. I really hope this doesn't come back to bite me.

"Yes."

He scribbled some notes down on his clipboard and faced my parents.

"Has your daughter shown any signs of irregular behavior within the past week?"

Mom and Dad both eyed each other, trying to figure out an answer.

"Yes actually."

Face palm!

"Do explain, Mrs. Storme."

My mom had this face of worry. Immediately I knew she felt bad about everything she was about to say.

"After her last visit to the hospital, she had insomnia for about four nights. She was so scared to fall asleep because of her dreams in fear that it would bring her to a diagnosis of Schizophrenia or Narcolepsy. Throughout those days she was very cranky and reserved."