Epilogue: P.S I Love You

December 23rd, Four Months Later

"Perfect! Sounds amazing guys. I'll meet up with you in about an hour, just got to finish wrapping these presents!...Haha, love you too Jas! See yah!"

Layla tossed her phone on her bed and continued taping wrapping paper onto gifts for her loved ones. After a few moments, a knock on her door broke her focus.

"Who is it?" She scrambled to hide presents.

"It's your mother silly!"

With a smile, Layla quickly shoved all of the surprises under the bed and made her way to the door to let in her mother.

"This is a very discrete matter, mother," she grinned. "I was assigned with a particular mission to keep these gifts secret at all costs. Unfortunately, I cannot allow you into my room."

Her mom snickered in response.

"Have you been talking to Jason recently? Your vocabulary is astounding."

Layla's cheeks flushed slightly pink.

"No!..." Her mom analyzed her with her hands on her hips. "Just a little -every once in a while. I just called him the other day to wish him a Merry Christmas! And he sent me a very prestigious card in the mail, that's about it."

"Well, speaking of Christmas cards, one came for you in the mail today."

Layla walked back towards her bed and began pulling out the wrapping paper and tape. She sighed at the realization of how much more she had to do.

"Well, leave it on my desk. I'm going out with Jasmine and Sadie later and I have to finish these presents before I go! I'll read it tonight."

Her mom giggled at her persistence.

"Whatever you say, dear, but I find that this is one card you might want to open sooner rather than later."

With that, the mother placed the card on the desk, retreated from the room and closed the door behind her.

Must...finish...wrapping.., Layla repeatedly reminded herself. With each minute that passed, she found her eyes sneaking back towards the card that remained on her desk.

I'll read it later, it's probably from Danielle or something. It can wait.

Layla was feeling pretty good about herself. Life was back on track. Her friends were there for her every step of the way. Everything was great.

"Oh fuck it!" She muttered to herself upon standing and rushing to grab the card. Her eyes aggressively read the front of it and absorbed the sending address.

California.

Quickly she peeled the envelope from the card and was left with a sparkling Christmas card packed with some sort of trinket inside. A smile bestowed upon her as she opened it up to find a lengthy note within the object.

It was from him.

She placed the card aside and began to start with the letter within.

Dear Layla,

Merry Christmas, Princess! Can you believe how much time has gone by? I certainly can't. Four months...it brings me into shock each time I think about it.