When I Come Around

Billie looked down at himself in frustration and casually picked up the bottle of whiskey beside him. He took a huge gulp and slid down on the wall to take a seat.

"Billie, come on, we should go," I suggest softly while trying to take the whiskey away. He immediately snaps his hand back in denial.

"No! We're staying until Addy gets here."

"I don't know if that's the best decision for us right now—"

"I want to see my wife!" He exclaims with anger. "And we're going to stay until she comes, got it?"

I nodded nervously and took in a deep breath. Though it probably wasn't best to stick around and see Addy and Billie try to work things out, his desire was understandable. I don't think my Billie has seen his wife since before last Friday, and that must be quite horrible.

Instead of taking a seat next to the punks, I decided to make my way back towards the kitchen and into the room behind it. If anything, it would be nice to get away from all that testosterone.

My butt had a mind of its own, plopping down on the couch lazily. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. My thoughts were buzzing with the possibilities of what could happen when Addy would walk through the front door. Would she and real Billie make up? Would things get worse? The anticipation grew inside of me, knocking on every inch of my body...

"LAYLA!" Billie called from the living room.

"What do you want, Billie?" I groaned with my eyes still closed.

"Layla, get up!"

"Five more minutes?"

A few seconds later my body was being shook by his hands.

"Fine, fine! I'm up!"

I opened up my eyes and instantly understood what was going on. Another setting change. We were deep in the woods, and I had been laying down on a sleeping bag. Da faq is thiss shizzz?

"What is this?!" I freak out.

"Woods. Fucking woods!" Billie spat.

I looked him widely in the eyes.

"I'm so sorry," I apologize.

He shoos me away and walks in the opposite direction.

"Billie!" I plead, chasing after him. "I didn't mean for the scene to change like that!"

"It's your fucking dream!" He shouts.

"I had no control over that! Please believe me!"

He spun around aggressively and looked me in the eye.

"I haven't seen her in what seems like forever! I was so fucking close! But then you had to go and fucking ruin it! Thanks a lot!"

It choked me up to see him blame me like this, but I tried hard to understand he was just frustrated and tired.

"You'll come around..." I mumble, deciding to give him some room and mope back to my sleeping bag and random tent (?).

I watched him intently from my little spot, trying to catch all his idiosyncrasies. Absent mindedly, he kicked rocks far in front of him and dug his foot into the dirt. His hands ripped some roots out of the ground and sticks were being thrown around. After a little temper tantrum, he cooled down and sat, facing away from me. The crackling of twigs and a few muffled complaints were all I could make out.