Panic!

"Layla, do you want to eat lunch with us?" My mom asked politely while setting up the table. It was around 12:30.

"No thanks, I ate a huge breakfast before you and dad woke up," I lied casually. One thing was true though, I had woken up much earlier than usual. It was 6 am when my body pretty much bolted up in panic and aches all over. Thankfully it passed over fairly quickly, but it kept me up for the rest of the morning.

"If you say so," she sighed with a hint of worry in her voice. I made sure to give her eye contact and pat her shoulder for comfort.

"I promise to eat a little later when I'm hungry, okay?"

She smiled in innocence.

"Okay honey."

Maybe that was a lie too, but I had to get on my parents good side. I have to get the idea of being a bitch to them out of my head. The crankier I act, the faster my ass will be sent to the hospital. Fake it til you make it. Maybe I could prove Billie wrong.

"Can I help you cook? Anything I can do to make your life a little easier?"

"Oh thanks sweetie, if you want to help set the table that would be nice."

"Sure, mom."

So I had at it. I made my way to the kitchen to grab some plates and cups. Subconsciously I began singing "Waiting" by Green Day to help make things a little more enjoyable.

"I've been, waiting a long time, for this, moment to come." I started dancing carelessly in my kitchen while my mother just giggled besides me, cooking up some home styled fries. "I'm destined, for anything at all."

"It's nice to see you all cheerful again," my mom told me in pleasure. "You were such a grouch last week."

"Downtown! Lights will be shining! On me! Like a new diamond ring out, under the midnight hour. Well no one can touch me now and I can't turn my back. Its too late, ready or not at all."

My mom began clapping along to the beat I was singing out. Her smile was so intensely bright and I could sense she was so relieved to see me all carefree again.

"Well I'm so much closer than I have ever known, wake up!"

.* * *************************************88

"Where the fuck is it?!" Billie calls out while furiously tearing apart his bedroom. "ADRIENNE!" He hollers.

"What is it now, Billie?!" She answers in annoyance from downstairs.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PHONE?!"

"You don't have to fucking scream I'm right here!" She spat while escalating the stairs.

"Get up here!" He demanded impatiently.

Addy finally made it into his room and noticed that Billie had pretty much ram sacked the place. His whole presence screamed exhaustion and panic all mixed into one.

"Billie, what the fuck did you do?!" She exclaimed.

"Give it to me," he orders while aggressively moving towards her.

"I'm not giving you anything until you calm the fuck down," she warned with her hands sternly on her hips.

"Adrienne," he chuckles devilishly. "Give. Me. My. Fucking. Phone."

"I don't have it," she states.

Billie got really close before realizing she wasn't going to budge.