R-E-S-P-E-C-T

"So should we tell Addy where you went when you she realizes you're gone?"

"NO!" Billie accidentally shrieked. "I mean...not yet. Tell her we're having a sleep over, or something..."

"Billie...you do realize we are middle aged men with families, right? Sleep overs aren't really the thing for us anymore. No self-respecting woman would take that bull," Mike confronted. The words rang out throughout the lobby in the airport. It was a matter of time before he would check in for his flight.

"Well, just do me a favor and think of something. Anything. I shouldn't be gone long. I know exactly where to go and how to get there. It's just something I can feel in my heart."

Tre chuckled silently while nudging Mike with his elbow.

"How hard did he hit his head again?" He smirked.

Mike laughed.

"Well he was out for two weeks. Let sleeping beauty live his dream."

"Oh fuck off, you nimrods."

"We're just messing with yah man. You got your ticket ready?"

"Yeah, I should be all set."

"That's my big boy!" Tre smiled while coming in for a hug. Billie chuckled in spite and returned it.

"Take care of yourselves," Billie pleaded before turning to Mike to embrace him in a quick hug.

"We should be saying that to you. Make sure you check in with us. We'll try to hold off your family for as long as we can."

"Thanks man. I'll let you know when I land."

The three exchanged a few more words before Billie took a final wave goodbye and headed through security.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

3 more hours left and I just can't seem to fall asleep, Billie thought in worry. Nearly everyone on the plane had dozed off several hours ago, and yet he was still awake. He couldn't tell if it was because of nerves for the actions he so quickly decided upon, or if he was scared that sleep would bring back some un-called for dreams. It had been around four days since he awoke from his coma, but the shock of it had followed quite closely behind him, prying at his mind every chance it could.

"Can I bring you anything, sir?" A sweet, young flight attended questioned politely at his side.

"Do you have any melatonin?" Billie replied.

"Yes, just one moment."

"Thank you."

She skipped away and before he knew it, there was silence once again. That oughtta help, he assumed. However, part of him regretted asking. One thing that he recalled so painfully about his relationship with Layla was her addiction to Benzodiazepines. He swore it was all real, and the agony of hearing her take those sickening pills just so she could see him had pained him each time.

There was nothing he wanted more than to make everything okay, for the both of them. He would do whatever he had to to assure her that it would all be alright. But where were they now? Billie couldn't even be sure this girl was real. He was following a dream, and praying it would take him far. He didn't consider all the damage it could create with his family, his trauma or his career...he just wanted something and he went after it. Could that be so wrong?