Who'll Stop the Rain?

"Come on, Billie!"

"No."

"I know some amazing restaurants in the area that I promise you have nothing like in California." My hands are grasped together as I whimper and put on my best puppy dog face. "Pleaseeee go out with me to eat!"

"We're getting room service and that's that!" He firmly responds while plucking at his six string. "We can't risk going out in public. There's too much shit that could happen."

Urgh. It was hard to be mad at his beautiful self, even with all the reasons to be so.

"But we've been in this room all day!" I whine in annoyance, glancing at the clock to see that it read 6:26.

"Wanna take a stroll in the hallway with me?" He snickers.

"Not funny," I sulk.

"We'd have to put on a disguise and maybe a bullet proof vest but I think we can make it work."

"I finally get to meet the one and only Billie Joe Armstrong in the flesh and blood but I can't even go out with you." I cross my arms in disappointment.

"Even if none of this extra drama was going on, how could I explain to the press and public that I'm casually taking a 19 year old girl out to eat at a fancy restaurant?"

"Since when do you care about what the media thinks? Besides, you could just lie and say I'm like your second cousin twice removed or some shit. I'm sure we could figure something out."

"I am pretty smart."

I roll my eyes at his remark.

"So are we staying in this cell all night?"

"A cell? This ain't a cell! I've got booze, some weed and a shit ton of cookies. We can even order some pizza for dinner and throw on a few flicks. This ain't a cell...this is some Netflix and chill."

Immediately I burst out into laughter that just could not be controlled, no matter how hard I tried to hold my stomach.

"What's so funny?"

Couldn't respond—still laughing.

"Just cause I'm 43 doesn't mean I'm not fucking hip and know your half assed lingo."

"I think you only know the half assed definition."

"Definition? Why would I need the definition? It's fucking Netflix and chillin', like, what more do I need to know?"

I rolled over in hysterics and giggled into the pillow. After a few more minutes I gathered some self control and took in a deep breath.

"Netflix and chill is what white boys say to try and hang out with a girl, but it usually ends up with them trying to bang her."

His facial expression remained quite relaxed and unmoved.

"I mean, that sounds pretty accurate."

I chuckled.

"Is that how you intended it?"

"Well if one thing leads to another..."

"Haha oh stop, you're married!"

"Queen brings up some really great thought provoking questions in one of their classic songs." He begins to strum and sing the first line of Bohemian Rhapsody. "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"