I Can't Resist

Erika's POV (Bri's Younger Sister)

"I JUST WANNA GO HOME!" I wail at the top of my lungs - hoping Branna would be close by to save me. But she must be far.

I have not seen her since we came off the helicopter. Then these people sent me to a special place with all these other kids like me. But then - the people who were watching over me ran away and left me once a big red alarm rung around the building. Few minutes after these big bird men came into the kids center and set off these fumes and now I'm in this dimmed room surround by them.

I look down at my arms that were tied to a wooden chair. My teddy sat helplessly on my lap.

"PLEASE! I NEED MY SISTER!" I cry, kicking my legs onto the seat in hope of any sort of attention. But only got sharp glares as the bird men circle around me.

"She may know something, sir," one of the bird man said to the other one. This one looked different from all the other peoples mask in the room. It was shaped like...a raven.

The raven walked slowly towards me, setting his gun aside to be held by someone else. He inspects my anxious face, then my teddy.

"Who's this?" his deep growly voice asked me. He pointed to the bear.

"T-Teddy," I stutter, trying to pull my arms out of the ropes. He laid his hands on my struggling arms, his leather gloves warming my skin. He wanted me to stop but how could I? He lifted the head of Teddy in his hands, squeezing it like a stress ball.

"Humph, nice bear you have here, darling. Would be such a shame if someone were to break a bear like this..." he tells me, placing the bear on the table across the room. I reached out for him with my puny arms, but he was to far away. I whimper - I really need my teddy. Even though it wasn't mine.

"Where did you get that bear?" he asked me. A creepy smile working its way up his face underneath the raven beak.

"The children center in Aeon city--it's part of the training tower," I choke out. Branna would be mad if she caught me saying this.

"Hmm...what else can you tell me," he asked. He took his gun back from the bird-man next to him.

"M-my sister. I haven't seen her since I got off the helicopter to the tower-"

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE! TELL ME ABOUT THE RESISTANCE, CHILD!" he yelled aggressively in my face, tightening his grip on the gun. I look at the hey black weapon in his hand and he looked down aware of my anxiety. He set it aside again - like he could sense my fear, I tried my hardest to be a brave girl.

"I-Don't-please-" I stutter, choking back tears.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea..." he mumbles. "But keep her here at all costs."

He begins to walk toward the door, but immediately stops when he reaches the doorway and turn his head around.

"She could be our best form of torture yet."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dave's POV

"Individual training?!" Jewel snapped, but all I could look at was Hayden's priceless face.

Bri just looked to the ground as she scraped around some dirt in embarrassment.

"Hayden?! What the hell did you do to he-"

"It was nothing important!" he growls back to her. She rolls her eyes.

I glance beside me to see Taylor, quietly examining the conversation. I guess she was probably waiting for the plan--and I was too--but I was also involved in this conversation. Does Hayden actually...love someone? After all of those trust problems he gained from Veronica?!

"Brent..." I mumble. "How exactly did you know about this Individual training' of Briden's"

"Did you just say Briden?!" Brent asked with a smile, laughing hysterically afterwards. Bri and Hayden both turn away from the conversation in unison, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"Hmm... I like it. It makes it way easier to talk about the both of-"

"CAN YOU JUST STOP?!" Hayden snaps aggressively, clutching his fist at his sides. "THERE ARE PEOPLE BEING FUCKING TORTURED, AND YOU ARE ALL ACTING LIKE THIRD GRADERS. UNBELIEVABLE!"

Bri glances up towards Hayden, with eyes afraid of the ominous. She was unaware of how far his aggression could reach. No idea... She is terrified.

She's having second thoughts.

"I'm just saying Hayden... you have trust problems. And with that you're breaking out of your she-"

"Okay, we don't even know where this place is!" Hayden interrupts, cutting off Brent. Brent sighs.

I pull my phone out of my pocket. "Actually... We might. Wait--Brianna when was the last time you saw your sist-"

"Holy crap--MY SISTER!" Bri yells, placing her hand over her bangs. "I haven't freaking seen her since I got out of that helicopter!"

  I nod, punching in my password and scrolling down the screen on my phone. It was the attendance list for the Aeon City Child Center (which was updated five minutes ago).

"What's your sister's name?" I ask, looking up from my phone.

"Erika," she replies. She rubbed her sweaty palms together in an anxious state.

I check the attendance list-not just once or twice- looking for her name which couldn't be found.

"I don't see her name, Bri," I mumble. Her eyes begin to gloss a bit as she bites her lip in fear.

"Sh!t..." Jewel mumbles. Brent wraps his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close. Bri just stares at them blankly, then she looks at Hayden...who was looking at her.

"Dave," Taylor says quietly beside me. I turn to face her.

"Yeah?"

"I was at the ACC today, and I saw Erika with that special Teddy bear..." she tells me.

My eyes widen. "You mean the one with the tracker chip in it?!"

She nods. "Do you still have that app?"

"I believe so..." I murmur. Then I find the application on my phone.

"I know where the headquarters are."

Everyone glances at me with eager eyes.

"Alright," I say. "Let's go."

The recruits stare at us as we pile out of the door to the stairwell. I was about to walk out untill-

"David-he-help!" A recruit chokes from behind me. He was kneeling helpless on the floor; his ash colored bangs blocking his purple face. I sprint over to him, watching Hayden, Brent, and the girls watch over me at the corner of my eyes.

I kneel down to the recruits level. "What's wro-"

"I-" -gasp- "can't" -gasp-"breathe." 

He falls into his sides, his bangs flopping over. I look back over to Hayden and Brent.

"I need to stay here. I can't leave him like this--Hayden, take this."

I throw him my phone.

I watch Taylor begin to walk towards me rather then go to the stairwell like the others.

"Baby, you don't need to go if you don't want to," I murmur to her.

She sighs. "No. Somebody needs to find Bennett, and I don't want to leave him for himself. I'll be back."

She pecks my cheek, and I didn't smile. I was nervous.

"I promise."