I'm Sorry. I love you.

Soleil's P.O.V.

I wake up.

In the same hallway I collapsed in.

In pain.

But still alive.

Thankfully.

I lie there for a little while and assess my situation.

I'm alone, in a large, seemingly endless building, Andrew has run away to try and find help. I'm starving, thirsty and probably need a shower. I have no idea where I'm at. I have no idea where to go to. I have to idea how much longer I can go without food or water.I have no idea what to do.

I lie here with my eyes closed in order to preserve as much energy as possible while I try and calm myself down enough to think of a way out of this situation.

I lie there.

Controlling my breathing.

.

.

.

Thinking I hear a trickle of water next to me ear, I open my eyes and look around.

A little stream of water is making its way down the hallway and flows quietly down a gutter right next to where I am lying, like rain to a drain.

Before I even know what is happening I am on my feet and following the water to its source, moving as quickly as my nutrition deprived body will allow.

I don't know what I hope to find, maybe an exit.

No matter how pointless my actions are, anything seems better than lying in that hallway waiting for my body and mind to deteriorate.

After a while, I reach the source of the water. I hear gushing and screaming coming from behind the door blocking me from the source.

I hesitate.

Could this be a trap?

Was this set out for me right from the start?

That I, or someone else, would hear the water and follow it.

Maybe that's what Andrew was following when he led us through this maze of a building.

Maybe he is inside this room.

Maybe he is the one screaming.

From what I can hear, it sounds like someone is trapped in a high current of water, fighting desperately to escape. Fighting for every breath. Fighting to be on solid ground again.

And I know this sounds terrible but I don't know whether I can continue with this torturing anymore.

The sounds coming from behind that door tear me apart psychologically.

I am free, no one is chasing or torturing me. I have a chance of escape.

If I walk through that door, into someone, probably Andrew, being tortured I am literally offering myself as sacrifice and I will re-enter the world of torture and not knowing. I don't know if I'm mentally, emotionally or physically capable of coping with that much longer.

Right now I can escape and either get help or be free of this life. Go back home and live a normal life. Pretend none of this ever happened.

And right now that's seeming like the most appealing option.

"I'm sorry. I love you." I whisper to Andrew as I walk away from the door and back into my old life.

My old lifestyle becoming my future lifestyle.