Chapter 1: Birthday

I could smell it, it was a couple feet in front of me. I was only inches away of killing it. The deer looked so good. Suddenly i heard a voice, "Sophia, wake up!"

I open my eyes to a blinding white light, "Mom, I was having a good dream, why'd you have to wake me up?"

"It's your birthday today," she says with a smile, "You're eighteen now and you can finally find a mate."

"Wow trying to kick me out of the house already," I say sarcastically and roll my eyes.

"Just get up. Emma is waiting out in the living room for you," she says then leaves me to get dressed.

I kick off the covers and get up. I feel like a zombie today. I was out partying last night with my friends at the Moon Club. The Moon Club is where werewolves go when they want to party. Also a lot of people find their mates there, I didn't get lucky but I did just turn eighteen today. You have to be eighteen to find your mate, I just hope I don't get a really possessive one.

I walk over to my closet and open it. I pick out a black t-shirt with a blue shooting star in the middle, I don't really care what I look like. Next I pick out bootcut pants, then blue panties and a bra, then head into the bathroom. There I put up my long silky blonde hair into a ponytail and get dressed. After I brush my teeth I look up into the mirror, a girl with pale skin looks back at me, "Ok Sophia, you got this. You will find your mate so your mom will be happy."

In a couple of minutes I was walking down the stairs to the living room where Emma was there sitting on the couch watching the morning news. I don't know why but she likes to watch the news. "Emma, why do you always watch the news?"

"Because I like to know what's going on with the humans. At least i have school with them, you just get to stay here with Liam. Why did your parents decide to home school you?" She's staring at the tv. I can see the reflection in her hazel colored eyes.

"I don't know, ask them," I retort and lean against the railing to the stairs and look at the tv. Apparently there was a wolf attack at a school nearby.

She gets up and goes over to my mom who is reading the newspaper, "Mrs. Radford, why did you choose to have Sophia home schooled?"

She looks surprised by the question but she puts down the newspaper and answers, "Well we didn't want to spend money for her to go to school when we could teach her."

"But why teach Liam too?"

"Well I was great friends with his mom so I asked her if we could home school him and his parents agreed."

"That's all I wanted to ask. Thank you Mrs. Radford."

"You're welcome Emma," my mom picks up the newspaper and starts reading it again.

Emma walks over to me and tells me what my mom said, "Well I did always wonder why she chose to home school Liam too."

"I better get to school now. See you later and remember, we're going to that new Chinese restaurant tonight for your birthday. Maybe you'll find your mate there," I love Chinese food, good thing Emma knows me well enough to choose that place.

"Wow you too. Now you and my mom want me to find my mate, seriously, i just turned eighteen," I unglue my eyes from the tv and look at Emma.

"Finding your mate is the best thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe yours is an alpha or just a normal human, could be anyone. There is an alpha at school though."

"Who is the alpha?" I ask curiously.

"It's alpha Jackson Devine. His Beta is Aiden Shay. Both of them are really hot and almost every girl at school wishes to be their mate," she sighs like she's thinking about something happy.