Chapter 21: Attempt

The person above is Emma.

Sophia's pov

Kayla and I are walking through the woods in our wolf forms. Phia constantly yells at me to run to get to our mates faster.

Kayla's wolf has an intimidating black color where Jackson has a midnight black fur color.

As we near the mountain pack, we crouch down and walk carefully the rest of the way up the hill we're on. When we reach the top, you can literally see the whole pack from up here.

Get your ass down there, Phia yells at me but I ignore her.

I feel Kayla's eyes train on me so I look over at her. She's waiting for what I'm going to do. Well I guess I'm going to have to be the leader for this, I always end up being the leader for everything.

I look back at the gigantic pack. People are frolicking around. Kids are chasing each other. I use my wolf sight to look at the people in the fields, Jackson said they had to help them with farming. I search frantically until I spot a guy with brown hair bending down. As soon as he stands up, I immediately recognize him. Jackson, Phia tells me.

Just be quiet for a second Phia, I tell her.

She shuts up. I mentally slap myself. We never spoke for this long, she always doesn't talk to me unless I really need help.

I shift back to my normal self and I always thank the moon goddess for making it so we're not naked when we shift back. Kayla does the same and I never really paid that much attention to what she's wearing. Her jeans are tight around her legs with holes where her knees are. She's wearing a long sleeve shirt that is just black. She's also wearing a bracelet, it's made up of turquoise color pearls. The ring that Liam gave her has a diamond on top.

Now what I'm wearing is all dirty. When I put them on, I thought I would just be staying at home but at least they are warm. I have grey sweat pants that are a little too big for me and I have a purple sweater on.

"So now what?" Kayla asks.

"We have to distract all the guards first," I instruct.

She nods and shift into her wolf then jogs off to be the distraction. I watch her to make sure she won't backstab me.

Kayla walks up to someone and shifts, they start talking. A little while later the person runs off somewhere with a lot of other people following. Kayla turns around toward me and motions for me to come down. I hope we don't get caught, I think to myself.

When I reach Kayla's side, she starts walking with me toward the fields. I pray to the moon goddess that Jackson and Aiden won't be stupid enough to get us caught. Then I notice that there's someone behind them holding a whip. I recognize the face and gulp nervously. Jake, Phia growls

Sorry about earlier. Please when it comes to fighting, rip his throat out, I beg her.

Gladly, I snicker at that. Who knew that Phia was like that.

Kayla approaches Jake then says, "I got Sophia like you told me to."

Jackson and Aiden perk up when my name was mentioned. I look at Jackson and he's looking at me with his beautiful eyes. I long to kiss him, to just feel his lips on mine.

Hands violently grab my arms then handcuff my hands behind my back. I hear Jackson and Aiden growl at that but I shake my head "no" at them.

Kayla walks behind me where Jake is handcuffing me, I hear her punch him and his hands now are off me but there's a problem; I'm handcuffed now.

I turn around to see a scene I wasn't expecting, Jake has Kayla pinned and is handcuffing her too. Dammit!

Good thing Jackson and Aiden are strong. They charge at Jake and push him off. A very big guy is at Jake's side helping him. I see the two boys on my said back away.

What the hell, I question Jackson through the mink link.

That guy is immortal, there's no way we can kill him, he informs me.

I stood there gaping at him.

Soon they have all four of us handcuffed and shoved toward the cell room. At least they put us all in the same one.

I strut to the nearest wall and punch it as hard as I could. I could hear my bones in my hand breaking but I hold back a scream.

Jackson comes up to me with worry on his face, "Why'd you do that?"

"Because this is not how I planned for it to do!" I scream at the wall because I never turned away from it.

"We'll get out of here, I promise," he takes my hand that's not broken and spins me around so I'm facing him. I could here Aiden growl.

I guess it's time for me to tell him, I say more to Phia than myself.

She agrees so I yank my hand away from Jackson's grip and walk slowly toward Aiden. He's slumped against the wall and watching me come toward him.

"Aiden, I have to tell you something," I look at the floor afraid to see the look on his face when I tell him, "I'm really sorry but I choose Jackson. You are really sweet and I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship. I'm not choosing Jackson just because he's the alpha, I'm choosing him because he has always been there for me. I know you have too for some stuff but Jackson helped me with my dad. He helped me with my problems and he showed me who I really am," I dared a glance at Aiden. His face was blank.

I turn around not expecting a reply but I'm spun around and Aiden is only a couple inches away, "Can I at least have a kiss before you spend forever with Jackson?"

I grant him that wish because I know he'll never get another chance to. His lips are soft but not like Jackson's. It kind of feels wrong kissing Aiden because there are no sparks. He pulls away and goes back over to where he was and I go back to Jackson.

"I miss you," I tell him.

"Me too," he says but barely had time to say it before I pull him toward me so our lips collide. Our lips move in sync and there are sparks. This feels right. His hands are at my hips and my lifts my shirt up a little so he's touching my bare skin. His hands are cold yet he leaves sparks where he touches me.

I pull apart just as he was about to ask for entrance which I would have denied. I smirk at him playfully so he tickles me.

Someone clears their throat so I look around to see Jake standing on the other side of the metal bars that are separating us.

"Well I see that you chose the alpha. Now Aiden is going to have a new mate. I wonder who it's going to be," Jake says with an evil grin.

----------------------

Hey guys, thanks for reading. I'm writing another book, it's called The Zodiac Signs. It's not all correct but i just made it for fun. I'm a leo cuz my bday is august 1st. So please check it out 😁

Also please comment and vote, I don't know if u guys like this story or not...

-Wolf Girl ❤️