Chapter 16: Traitor

"Kayla wait!" I yell at her.

He stops and turns around, "What?"

"Where are you going?"

"Just follow me, I have to tell you something." With that she turns back around and continues running.

I sigh and look at Emma. She nods and we follow Kayla.

She leads us out the hospital but stops just outside the door. She looks around confused at first. We catch up to Kayla just in time as she starts running again.

How fast is this girl, I mink link to Emma.

I know right, she's so fast and doesn't even give us time to catch our breaths

Kayla leads us into a dark alley.

"So what do you have to tell us?" Emma asks this time.

"I lied," she looks down at her shoes to hide her face.

"About what?" I frown.

"About my pack beating me up and setting me out in the woods so I could die."

"So are you going to tell us the truth."

"Yeah. They sent me to your pack because they heard that you have two mates. They planned to kidnap your mates," she admits.

I gasp, "Is that it?"

"They probably already kidnapped them. I sent Jackson out in the woods, I told him I lost a necklace but I never did. Jake told me to get them to go in the woods. I'm so sorry Sophia, I didn't want to," she weeps silently.

"But why tell us this?" Emma asks.

"My pack is cruel ever since the rouges arrived-"

"Wait, rouges?" I interrupt.

"Yeah. They came because they heard that alpha Mike's wife is pregnant. They planned to get you to the mountain pack somehow so they could kill you, they think that Mike's kid could be the next special person to have two mates. Also I don't know if you heard this, but once you reach eighteen and find your mates, you choose one mate then the moon goddess will grant you a power, any power."

"How do you know all this?" I ask in amazement at what knowledge she has.

"Mike sent someone to steal information for your alpha, they have books about this. They also got rid of the information once they were done." She finally looks up at me.

"So Jackson and Aiden are at the mountain pack by now?"

"Yeah I believe so."

I lean against the wall. All this information is overwhelming me. Take deep breaths Sophia, you can rescue Jackson and Aiden.

Sometimes my wolf speaks to me, only when I am in dire need of help. I really should name her someday.

Sophia, your not alone, you have me. We just have to train to get stronger, my wolf says to me.

"Kayla, what's your job in this?"

"Jake said that I need to somehow become friends with you and lead you to the mountain pack and hand you over so they can kill you. Believe me, I don't want to," I can see in her eyes that she's telling the truth.

"Why don't you want to?" I say confusingly.

"Well the rouges are mean. A couple days ago, they killed an innocent little girl just because she wasn't strong. They killed my little brother too. He was training and they came up to him, they told him to fight one of the rouges. The fight was to the death. The rouge was stronger by far, why would they do such a thing. I tried to help him, they held me back saying that he needs to learn. The rouge ended up snapping his neck. I ran over to his lifeless body trying to get him to come back to life, he wouldn't," Emma is hugging a sobbing Kayla while she explains.