Chapter 8: Hospital

I come back to reality but for some reason, I can't open my eyes. I hear voices that are close by, "Is he going to be ok?"

"Yeah, but we don't know how long he's going to stay in a coma."

I feel a warm hand on my wrist, "Jackson please wake up soon," I hear Sophia but it sounds like she's been crying.

I try to answer her but I can't move anything.

"Jackson, I'm sorry I was mean back at the Chinese restaurant, I just wanted to see what your reaction was going to be," she's still crying and a tear lands on my arm.

I want to comfort her, tell her that I'm all right. I just want to hug her and tell her that I'll never leave her.

"I know why I have two mates. My grandparents have a book about it, that's why I was in the woods that one day," she starts explaining, "A person is selected by the moon goddess to be able to have a choice at who they want their mate to be. Only one person in the world is chosen, when the person who is chosen dies, then the next werewolf born is the next person to have two mates. They have to choose one person though, they can't just stay with both mates. I don't know what happens when they choose one."

I want to ask her who she chooses. As much as I like her, I want her to choose Aiden because he'll be crushed if she chooses me. He loves her, I can tell.

"Jackson," she pauses to see if I would answer her, I want to but I can't, "If I could choose right now, I would choose you."

I want to tell her to pick Aiden, he deserves her, not me. I love her too much to let her go. My best friend will be happy with her, I would too. Aiden would be devastated.

"Jackson, I love you," I wish I could tell her that I love her too, to be able to kiss her soft lips.

"Jackson, Aiden wants to see you so I'm going to go now. I promise I'll come back," as much as I wanted to her to stay, I also wanted be with Aiden.

I hear the chair creak and I know she's getting up. I feel her kiss my cheek then she walks away.

"Where is Jackson?" I hear a booming voice that sounds like they are down the hallway.

"Jackson, the pack misses you," Aiden comes into the room, "I can't stay here long-" he's cut off from whatever he want going to say after that.

I hear a different voice now, "Aww poor Jackson, in the hospital from a rouge. I thought you were better than this," my wolf was growling and was yearning to kill him.

Jake walks closer, "I bet you're wondering how I know that you're in here," he pauses for a second, "That rouge that attacked you was working for me. We want your pack and if we kill you, then I will be the alpha. I deserve to be alpha, not you."

How the hell did he get past the guards?

"I would kill you now but it wouldn't be fair. I want to fight for your pack," I hear him walk away.

A minute after he left, Aiden got up and walked away.

After that, nobody came to visit me for a while. People just came and went, hoping that I'll wake up.

Sophia came back like she promised. She came everyday. She told me that it's been six days since the attack. One day the doctor came in, "Sophia, we think he's never going to wake up."

"He's strong, he'll wake up," she cries.

"Tomorrow if he doesn't wake up, we going to unplug him."

"Over my dead body," she growls.

Wow that girl can get scary sometimes. I wish I could wake up so I can be with her.

"Well we'll see how he is tomorrow," the doctor's footsteps echo down the hallway.

"Jackson, please wake up," Sophia begs.

I want to wake up, to see her beautiful blue eyes, to take care of my pack, to kill Jake so we can live in peace.

"I have to go, please wake up tomorrow, I don't want you to die. I'll do anything to protect you," she kisses my cheek and walks away.

It feels like forever until Sophia comes back but someone else is with her, "Hey Jackson, I'm here to help protect you," Johnny says.

Thank god he's here.

"Oh no, here comes the doctor," Sophia says worried.

"It's time to unplug him," the doctor says.

"No it's not," I hear Johnny walk over to the doorway where I guess the doctor is.

"I'll give him 30 more minutes," the doctor walks away.

Sophia kneels down next to me and whispers in my ear, "Please wake up Jackson. I can't live without you. If you die then I die."

I try to open my eyes, I see tiny slivers of light sometimes.

"I think he's trying to wake up," Johnny's deep voice says.

I'm almost there. Why is it so hard to open my eyes.

"Jackson, please," Sophia keeps begging me.

I see more light. I'm so close.

The doctor walks in, "It's time."

"No! He's waking up!" Sophia yells.

"No he's not going to, we ha-" I hear a sound like someone punched someone and a thump.

"Jackson, wake up before another doctor or police come," Johnny tells me. I'm guessing he punched the doctor.

I'm trying so hard to open my eyes. I see more light the more I try.

"Jackson, you are so close, please keep trying," Sophia keeps telling me.

Finally I open my eyes. Im blinded at first from the light. Soon my eyes adjust to the light and I can see.

"Jackson, can you hear me?" Sophia asks.

I look over at her, "Yes I can hear you," I sound like a frog.

Sophia hugs me, I hug her back and we stay like that for a few seconds.

"Glad you're finally awake," Johnny says next to me which makes Sophia get off me.

"Me too Johnny," I say smiling.

I hear a groan on the ground and see the doctor struggle to get up.

"Johnny, help her up," Sophia glares at him.

He bends down and takes her arm hauling her up.

"Why did you do that?" the doctor asks him.

"You were going to kill him," he growls.

"Well lets go and let him rest."

Sophia, Johnny, and the doctor walks out the room.

I put my head back on the pillow and stare at the ceiling.

---------------------------

Sorry if this isnt that good. But there's chapter 8, yay 😄 lol.

Please comment what you think or ideas or whatever and vote pleeeeaaaase 😁 thank you.

My best friend WolfGirl989 is writing a story. She's still working on it though. So once she's done writing chapter one, please read it and help her like you're helping me (even though only like a couple people are helping which is fine). It's called My Knight In Shining Fur. It's about a girl that has been kidnapped when she was little by rouges and one day a pack came and rescued all the prisoners from the rouges, that's just a little bit of what it's about. So please check it out. Thank you.

If you have a story you're working on, just tell me in a private message or whatever and I'll give a shoutout.