Chapter 2: Restaurant

We were walking down the road when suddenly Liam says, "So are you going to try to find your mate because usually if you don't then there's a chance you could die without him. Mates make you strong and if you reject your mate or he rejects you then you could die. Just saying."

I look down at my feet as we walk, "Well yeah I was going to try to find him. I did sense power coming from him like he was an alpha or beta or something. He was just staring at me and didn't say anything, probably as shocked as I was."

"Well your wolf is kind of scary. Fur white as snow, those ocean blue eyes, strong looking, very pretty too," he winks at me.

"Shut up Liam, you're not charming. No wonder it didn't work out between us back when we were twelve." See here's the thing about Liam, he has always had a crush on me back when we were children. I did date him when we were twelve because I thought he was very charming but it turns out, he's the opposite of charming.

"Well in about a month I will turn eighteen and then I can find my mate."

"Yeah good for you," I look up and realize that we're almost to the ice cream store so I quickly change the subject, "So what flavor of ice cream do you want?"

"What you're getting."

"Well I was going to get chocolate."

"Ok, you should know that I like any kind of ice cream."

"Yeah you LOVE your ice cream," I roll my eyes.

We walk up to the window where you're suppose to order your ice cream. A girl probably in her mid twenties opens the window, "Hi, how may I help you?"

"We would like two medium chocolate ice cream cones please."

"Ok, that'll be five dollars," I hand her the money.

She turns around and yells to someone, "Jackson, two chocolate ice cream cones please!"

"Ok!" he yells back.

Suddenly I smell that same rose scent from earlier in the woods. I look through the window and look at Jackson and he's staring at me. I suddenly see a flash back to the time in the woods when I smelt this same scent. I look into Jackson's eyes and see the black wolf. My wolf instincts are telling me that he's my mate.

I gasp and Liam asks, "What's wrong Sophia?"

I realize that Liam is looking at me worried, "Nothing."

"You sure?"

"Yup."

We wait about two minutes and Jackson opens the window roughly and hands us our ice cream cones. I realize that I have a note attached to mine. I open it and it says:

Hi,

I don't really know how to say this but you're my mate if you haven't realized yet. I am Jackson Devine. I haven't seen you at school before, do you even go to school or are you home schooled? I'd like to get to know you better. Tonight meet me at the new Chinese restaurant at around 7:00.

After I read that I look up to see both Liam and Jackson staring at me.

"Ok," I say to Jackson then turn towards Liam, "Lets go, my dad is going to get out of work soon."

"Ok," we turn around and start walking back to my house.

After about two minutes Liam asks, "So what did that note say that Jackson gave you?"

"I'm not telling you," I snap at him.

"No need to get worked up about that, I was just curious."

I don't say anything else and instead march quickly back home with Liam following a couple steps behind like a loyal dog.

As soon as we reach my house Liam starts walking back home. I climb up the steps and open the door and slam it behind me.

"What's wrong honey?" my mom asks.

I just walk up the stairs to my room without answering my mom. I turn on my phone and call Emma.

"Hey," she says once she anwers her phone, "What's up?"

"I found my mate," I say getting right to the point.

"Yay! I'm so happy for you! Who is your mate?"

"Jackson Devine."

"Really!?!?!? That's so awesome! Now you're going to become a Luna!"

"I can't wait until you find your mate," I mumble.

"But your mate is the alpha, why aren't you excited?"

"I don't even know the guy. Yeah he is hot though but I don't know him. He also told me to meet him at the new Chinese restaurant tonight at 7:00."

"I'll come pick you up right now. It's 6:00 and it takes around thirty minutes to get there," I look at my clock and sure enough, it was 6:00.

"Ok fine but you guys are still coming with me, I don't want to be alone with him."

"Ok, I'll pick you up in five minutes," she ends the call.

I go to my closet and pick out my blue dress. I only have three but two of them don't fit me anymore which are pink and I don't like pink.

I shut my door and strip off my clothes then put my dress on. I look into the mirror on my door and see a girl that's slightly tall for her age. She looks like she has been running a lot, her legs are slightly hairy because she hasn't shaved in a couple days.

By the time I'm ready I hear the doorbell and run down the stairs. Emma is standing there waiting for me, she has this smile on her face that tells me that she has a plan that I'm not going to like.

"Ready to go?" she asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I reply.

Emma and I have been best friends ever since she moved here in kindergarten. I'm glad she's in my life, she has helped me with a lot of stuff over the years.

We get in her red jeep and start driving down the road. "Liam and Olivia will meet us there," she says as she cranks up the radio.

"Ok," I yell over the music which is starting to give me a headache. Being a werewolf is tough and awesome at the same time. Loud noises can easily give us a headache but we heal quickly.

As I'm about to drift off to sleep I hear Emma say, "We're here!"

I sit up fast, "Oh ok."

"Now we just have to wait for Olivia and Liam," as soon as she says that, Liam pulls up in his impala with Olivia sitting in the passenger seat, "Never mind then."

"Lets just go in," I say.

"Yeah," she replies.

We get out of the car to be greeted by Liam and Olivia.

"Hey Olivia. What's up with you?" I ask her.

"Nothing much. What about you?"

"Well I found my mate and uh he happens to be the alpha."

"Congratulations Sophia. I wish I could find mine. It's not fair that once you turned eighteen that you found your mate and I been eighteen for a while but never found mine," tears start to form in her bright green eyes.

"Thanks and you will soon Olivia, just be patient."

"Yeah you're right Sophia. Let's go in now," she wiped the tears away with the back of her hand.

"Ok," everyone agrees.

--------------------------------

Thank you everyone for reading this. I'm not going to have an author's note after every chapter. This is my first story so I'm sorry if it's not good and I should have put this in the first chapter. So please comment ideas, I'd love to hear what you guys think should happen and please vote too. The next chapter is going to be in Jackson's point of view.