Chapter 6: Recovery

I wake up to a blinding light. I close my eyes and roll over on my side. Pain flairs on my stomach and I groan.

"Sleeping beauty is awake," I hear Jackson say beside me.

"Shut up," I open my eyes and throw a pillow at him.

"What else am I suppose to call you?"

"First of all I'm not a girl."

"Whatever dude. Want anything to eat?"

I sit up ignoring the pain, "Yeah, the biggest steak there is. How long was I out?"

"A whole day," he says as he gets up and walks into the kitchen.

"No wonder I'm starving," I mumble to myself.

I get up and walk toward the kitchen. As I'm getting closer, I hear voices, "Is he finally up?" I hear a voice that sounds like Sophia asking.

"Yeah," Jackson replies.

"Interrupting something?" I walk into the kitchen.

Sophia yelps, "Um no, I didn't know you were there."

"So you are concerned about me," I smile.

"Yeah," she looks down to the floor but I can tell she is blushing.

Jackson clears his throat, "Your steak is cooking, it's going to take about 30 to 45 minutes."

"Ok, thanks," I say.

"No problem."

Mr. Radford walks down the wooden stairs. I can hear creaking in some spots.

"Good, you're finally awake. I was just coming down to check on you," Sophia's dad tells me.

"I'm fine, thank you Mr. Radford."

"Please just call me Edward."

"Ok Edward."

"Lift up your shirt so I can see how the scratches are healing," he demands.

I lift up my shirt to see that there are bandages wrapped around my stomach.

Rob walks up to me and takes the bandages off. I hear Jackson whistle then says, "Damn man, I don't see how girls aren't all over you, you got some serious abs going. Plus scars, girls want a tough guy if ya know what I mean."

I look up to Jackson and give him a deadly stare, "Dude, why are you looking at my abs? Are you gay or something?"

"No way, I just didn't know you were working out and got some abs."

I look at Sophia and she's staring at my abs too, her face is red. When she finally realizes that I'm looking at her, she turns away.

You're so beautiful, I mind link to her.

She turns back toward me with those eyes of her. Damn I so want to kiss her right now.

Edward finishes wrapping new bandages around my stomach, "Just take it easy for a couple days until this heals, ok?"

"Ok," I say even though I might not. Since I'm beta then that means I have to be ready to fight whenever and wherever and when Jackson is busy doing something, then I have to take over for a little bit. I have to go on border patrol like anyone else too. So to summon it up, I have to do everything everyone else has to do but I take over for a little bit if Jackson is busy.

The timer goes off for my steak. Jackson goes over to the oven and pulls it out. He puts it on a plate and hands it to me, "There you go hungry beast."

"Whatever," I go and sit down at the counter and start eating, "This steak is one of the best steak I've ever had."

"No talking with your mouth full," Jackson scolds me.

"Ok alpha," I snicker a little bit.

"Once you're done eating, go home and rest for a couple days," Edward instructs me.

"Ok doctor," I'm laughing now for some reason.

He sighs and shakes his head, "Must be the medication I gave you."

"What medication?"

"I gave you some pain killers."

"Thanks doc," I'm laughing so hard that I almost fall off the stool I'm sitting on.

He mutters something and walks back up the stairs.

"Well I'm going back to your place because you have an Xbox," I tell Jackson.

"I'm driving, I'm not going to let you drive like that," he says sternly.

"Like what?"

"Like you're drunk man."

"Ok my king," I get down on my knees and bow toward him.

"Wow Aiden," Jackson shakes his head, "Get your ass off the floor and into the truck now or I'll carry you out there."

I jump up and run out the door and into his truck. He gets in a minute later.

"You better not do anything stupid, you're suppose to be resting," he commands.

"Got it," I say.

"You better," he drives out of Sophia's driveway and onto the road.

We're cruising at about 60 and in ten minutes we pull up to Jackson's house. He parks the truck in the garage and we both hop out.

As we get inside, Jackson's mom greets us, "How you both doing?"

"We're fine Mrs. Devine," I say.

"Ok, be careful though, there has been some rouge sighting around here," she looks scared.

"Ok."

We walk up some stairs to Jackson's room. Once we get into his room, I flop down on his bed and sigh, "What's wrong with me dude?"

"Nothing, why do you think there's something wrong with you?" He frowns.

"Sophia looked like she wanted you and not me."

"She likes both of us so stop thinking she doesn't like you."

"Ok, lets play the Xbox now," I suggest.

"Ok, what game?"

"How about Call of Duty?"

"Ok, whatever you want to play," he says.

We sit down on the floor facing his tv and start playing the Xbox.

-------------------------
So there's chapter 6, yay 😄 lol. So I think I actually might add an authors note at the end of every chapter or I might not, I don't know. Please comment ideas and vote. Thank you everyone who is reading this.