Chapter 14: Kidnapped

I walk into the waiting room and head straight toward the front desk. A teenage girl is sitting there typing away on the computer.

I approach the desk. When she didn't look up from the computer, I clear my throat to get her attention.

She looks up startled, "Oh, sorry sir. How may I help you?"

"Can Sophia in room 197 be checked out now? She said she's better."

She searches around on her desk through a whole bunch of papers. She grabs one and reads it briefly, "It says here that the doctor wants to keep her over night for observation."

"Where's the doctor?" I ask abruptly.

"He should be in the cafeteria."

I thank her then walk over to a chair and set Amanda down, thankfully she's sleeping. Next I head off to the cafeteria. I'm just walking down random hallways searching for the cafeteria. Dammit, why do I have to be so stupid to not ask for directions? I scold myself.

I finally give up and ask the nearest nurse where it is. She points down the hallway to the right from where we're standing, "Just walk down there and it should be to your left."

"Thank you," I walk away not bothering to hear what else she had to say.

I walk down the hallway the nurse pointed to and keep looking to my left. After about six doors and four nurses running into me, I make it to the cafeteria.

I open the door that's next to a sign that reads "Cafeteria" and a lot of noise reaches my ears. I forgot about my wolf hearing and clamp my hands over them.

After a couple minutes or so, I finally grow use to the noise and take my hands off. I spot the doctor sitting in the corner talking to a few nurses.

This hospital is small so there's only one doctor and a whole bunch if nurses to help. Most of the people here are werewolves but a few are humans. We like to mingle with the humans so people will think we are just like them, only some humans know we exists.

I walk over to the doctor, luckily he's a werewolf and so are the nurses that are sitting there. I smile a welcoming smile when I get there. The doctor gestures toward an empty chair by him so I walk around the table and sit down.

"So Alpha, why you here?" The doctor asks.

I look at his name tag, "Well Dr. Murphy, my mate was tortured by her dad so that's why I'm here.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. How is she doing?"

"She is doing extremely well, in fact this is why I came to you. She wants to get out of here."

"What's her name?"

"Sophia Radford."

"Im sorry but she has to stay until tomorrow morning for observation," he looks serious.

"No! She is getting out today!"

"I'm sor-" I get up and take a handful of his clothes and pick him up.

"You listen to me Doctor. She IS going to get out today," I whisper into his ear. Everyone in the cafeteria stopped talking when I picked him up.

"Jackson, please listen to me. She had some internal bleeding and we don't know if it stopped yet. Even with the healing. If it starts bleeding then she could be in a coma or even worse, she could die. So do you really want me to release her today?"

I set him down real slowly, "I'm sorry Dr. Murphy, I didn't know. I'm gonna go now."

I walk out the cafeteria and walk through the maze. It's a miracle I found the waiting room.