Chapter 10: First Date

Sophia's pov

The day after Jackson woke up from his coma, we walked hand in hand out the sliding doors of the hospital.

His touch made me feel safe, like I can trust him to protect me from anything.

I lean into him and he unhooks our intertwined fingers and wraps his arm around my shoulder. He smells like he's just been in a junk yard, "You stink," I tease him.

"Well what do ya think? I've just been in the hospital without being able to shower for a week," he looks down at me.

"I was just messing with you," I pout with puppy dog eyes.

"You're too cute to stay mad at," he smiles at me.

We were looking at each other without watching where we were going. We didn't notice the stairs and I trip and tumble down them.

I hit my head hard on one step and black out.

I hear a voice and open my eyes slowly to see a very handsome face, "Help me up my prince charming," I mumble and hold out a hand for him. He takes my hand and helps me up.

"You ok?" He looks really concerned.

"Not really," I smile, "Only one thing can make me better."

He frowns, "What is it?"

I put my arms around his neck and pull him toward me. Our lips connect and we move in sync.

When we finally pull apart, my lips were tingling, "Yeah you're definitely the one."

He smiles his perfect smile, I love that one. His teeth are perfectly straight and perfectly white, so I call it his perfect smile.

"I love that smile. I call it the perfect smile," I cuddle up next to him again as we're walking toward my house.

He puts his arm around my shoulder again, "Why do you call it the perfect smile?"

"Because it's perfect," I kiss him on his cheek.

"I love you my warrior princess," he smiles that perfect smile again and I can't help but blush.

"I love you too my prince charming," I smile without showing my imperfect teeth.

"Baby, why aren't you showing your teeth anymore? I think they're perfect."

I show my teeth with a smile. Damn how does he do this to me.

"There's those perfect teeth."

I tickle his belly and he falls down laughing so hard. I run over to the park and hide behind a tree.

"Oh where is my warrior princess hiding?" he calls out.

I hear leaves crunching by the tree I'm hiding behind and someone says, "Boo!"

I scream and run away. I hear someone gaining on me. Strong arms wrap around my waist and pick me up.

"I got you now my princess," I'm laughing uncontrollably as he sets me down, "I'd go to the ends of the earth to find you," he tells me.

Once I am able to breath I say, "I know baby. I would do the same for you."

He picks me up bridal style and carries me home.

My house is like a mile from the park.

Once we get to my house, he carries me inside no matter how much I tell him to put me down. I can tell he's enjoying this.

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise," I hear my mom's voice.

"Hey mom," I try to wave but Jackson is blocking my view of her.