Chapter 18: The Journey

Sophia's pov

About ten steps into the woods, Liam and Kayla started right away talking.

I shake my head, "Can you guys at least talk quietly?"

"Sorry," Kayla apologizes.

They start talking again about what they're going to do after we rescue Jackson and Aiden.

I turn to Emma who is walking right next to me, "So should we start thinking of a plan?"

"Aren't you the one who is good at making plans?" She gives me a side glance then looks back to where she's walking.

"Yeah but I'm still going to need some help," I remark.

"Ok future luna," she doesn't even glance at me this time. What has gotten into her? She was just fine before we left. I'll talk to her later I guess.

We walk together in silence except for the "happy couple" walking next to me. I decide to listen to their conversation since there isn't really anything else to do.

"So do you have parents?" Liam asks Kayla.

"Yeah but they left me because they claimed that their children need to learn to be independent. I hate them anyway except for my brother," she sounds like she doesn't want to keep talking about him but she does anyway, "He was ten when they decided to kill him. Believe me I tried to stop them."

"I believe you," Liam pulls her closer to him, well he tries to. They are as close at they can get.

"I know you do. My brother was the only person who I loved. Now I have you and I love you Liam," wow already saying 'I love you'. It took Jackson getting hurt for me to say it to him.

"I love you too Kayla," with that Liam stops her and spins her so she's facing him. We all stop and watch which I have no idea why because next thing you know, they're kissing. I can tell it's a real deep kiss. Before things can get more intense, I clear my throat, "Umm guys, you might not want to go all the way right now. We have to plan how to get our alpha and beta back."

They break apart and for the first time, they actually notice us.

"Sorry," Liam rubs the back of his neck.

"Lets continue on," I instruct everyone.

We continue marching through the woods.

Only after about a minute, Liam stops Kayla again. I sigh frustrated, "What this time Liam? Are you that ready to have sex with her? If you are, please wait until we set up camp later on."

"No it's not that," he glares at me, "Stop just assuming stuff that you know isn't going to happen."

I just stand there and wait for whatever he's going to do.

What he did shocked all of us. He bent down on one knee and pulled out a small black box, he opened it and a beautiful diamond ring was in it.

"Kayla," he looks up at her, "I have loved you the second I laid my eyes on you. You are beautiful, smart, funny, and the one who I would love to spend the rest of my life with. So Kayla, Will you marry me?"

She stands there utterly shocked but she slowly nods her head then whispers, "I love you Liam, of course I'll marry you."

Liam gets up and takes the ring out, he then puts the ring on her ring finger on her left hand.

Emma, Olivia, and I cheer and clap. We didn't notice the three rouges watching us.

They slipped out from the cover of the trees and stood before us. They had to growl to get our attention. We turn toward them completely scared.

The order to shift to my wolf raced to my mind. I shift into my white wolf. After many hours of thinking, I decided to name her Phia.

Everyone shift, I command the others. They immediately follow my orders. I'm going to be a good luna someday maybe.

Phia agrees but takes over. I trust her for the fighting.

We quickly get rid of one of the rouges with just a snap if their neck.

Emma and Olivia teamed up against a black one with a grey tint in the fur. Liam and Kayla teamed up against the other one that was grey. I decided to help Emma and Olivia.

We finish the wolf quickly and were about to help Liam and Kayla when we heard Kayla howl mourningly. I look over to see a pool of blood surrounding Liam's brown wolf.

I shift to a human and run over there. Kayla is already kneeling beside him crying.

"Liam!" I cry out, "Please wake up, you can't be dead."

Emma walks over and checks his pulse, I don't even know how to check a pulse on a wolf. She shakes her head meaning he isn't alive.

"Kayla, what exactly happened?" I ask.

"He tries to jump on the rouge but the rouge got a hold of his neck and snapped it. Why does this always happen to me?!" She sobs into Liam.

"Lets set up camp now, we are not going to get anywhere tonight," I suggest.

Emma helps me and we slowly get a tent built. We didn't even bring anything which was stupid but we found branches and built one using a tree as the center. We would all be going to sleep hungry. Tomorrow was the day when we would get Jackson and Aiden back.

We all lay down on the ground and listen to the wind howl outside.

I just don't get how Liam already had a ring and isn't it too early to get married, I mean he just met his mate and already he was going to get married. He's crazy sometimes.

I yawn and eventually fall asleep thinking about Jackson.

-------------------------

Omg Liam is dead 🙀

So i plan on making a sequel to this but dont worry, im not done with this one yet. Me and WolfGirl989 (she changed her username and so have i if u havent noticed yet) have a surprise for in the sequel and i have some shocking ideas for later in this story so please keep reading this. I'll keep updating as fast as I can. So in my friends' story (WolfGirl989 ) My Knight In Shining Fur, if she uses some of my ideas, it's fine, i gave her permission to.

Thanks to PrincesaMariana01 for the idea for Sophia's wolfs' name.

Thanks guys for reading this. Please comment and vote. Btw if u follow me, I'll follow u back.

-Ash ❤️