Chapter 11: Family Issues

I wake up to someone shaking me. Jackson's face comes into focus, "Hey you're finally awake princess," he stops shaking me.

I punch him in the face, "Why did you wake me up?"

He rubs his nose, "You were yelling so I thought you were having a nightmare."

"I don't remember. What was I saying?"

"You were yelling my name, saying 'Jackson, I don't wanna die!' So I just decided to shake you awake," he puts his hand down from his nose and I see dried blood.

"I'm sorry," I say and look down at the blanket we're still sitting on.

He lifts my head up to look at him, "Don't worry about it. Great punch by the way."

"I didn't mean to punch you, I was just mad that you woke me up by shaking me," I'm looking into his eyes and see my reflection.

"You look beautiful," he says almost like he read my mind.

"My hair looks like a rats nest. How did you know that I was thinking that?"

"You accidentally said it in the mind link."

Shit.

"And that," he chuckles, "Come on, lets get you home before your parents start to get worried."

"My dad doesn't even care about me," I lay down and stare at the sky with tears forming in my eyes.

"Please baby stop crying, it hurts me that you're sad and I can't do anything," he looks at me sadly.

I sit up and hug him while sobbing.

"Shh it's ok baby. Let it all out, you'll feel better," he rubs my back comforting me.

He gets up then picks me up bridal style. I start wiping away tears while we make our way back to my car.

He opens the passenger side door and sets me down carefully on the seat. Then he closes the door and jogs over to the driver side. He open the door, gets in, then closes the door behind him. He starts the car and ever so slowly, pulls out into traffic.

"I'm sorry about me crying, I'm not usually like that," I say and look down at my shoes.

"You don't have to apologize about that. Sometimes you just have to let yourself be sad. A strong person has been weak before and that's what makes them stronger," he reassures me.

"Thank you Jackson," I look at him and smile.

"I love the way you say my name," he purrs.

I blush and look back at my shoes. We are silent the rest of the way.

My parents are waiting on the steps when we pull up to the house. They look angry.

I whimper and Jackson pulls me closer to him, "I'll protect you, don't worry princess."

Im shaking when we get out of the car and Jackson quickly hurries to me. We approach my parents slowly but they start yelling before we're in front of them, "Sophia Marie Radford! We have been waiting for you to come home and now here you are at 1:oo!" My dad yells.

I cower behind Jackson as they continue, "So our little girl is a coward huh? Hiding behind her mate, what a disgrace to our family! We ain't raising no cowards," my dad continues, "Sophia, I hereby ground you from seeing him again!"

"Hey! She doesn't have to take orders from you anymore!" Jackson takes a stand finally, "She is eighteen and is perfectly well to make her own decisions! She isn't a coward and if you call her one again, I will make sure you won't be able to stand for a year, old man!"

My dad looks furious, "Don't call me old man ever again! I am much older than you! Have you ever heard 'respect your elders'? Now hand over Sophia now and say goodbye because this is the last time you'll ever see her!"

Jackson, I'll come back, I promise, I mink link him.

He looks down at me and I give him a nod telling him that I will. He sighs and lets me walk over to my parents.

My dad slaps me and my head snaps to the left. I see Jackson tense up.

"Get in the house now," my dad pushes me toward the door.

I can tell Jackson wants to kill my dad right now, I do too but I can get through this.

I walk in the house with my dad following me. He leads me toward the basement. I'm scared at what he's going to do.

"Go into the basement, I'll be down there later," she shoves me in the direction the basement is.

I open the door and step on the first step. The door closes behind me and I'm left in the darkness by myself. There's no light so usually when I have to come down here, I bring a flashlight.

I lean against the wall and slide down so I'm sitting on the step. My face is tear stricken. For some reason I can't mind link to Jackson, it's like the basement won't let me get to my wolf.

I hear my mom and dad arguing in the living room, my mom is yelling at my dad about locking me in the basement.
My dad is saying that it's for my own good, that he isn't raising a coward. I hear the front door slam shut and I'm guessing that my mom left.

Soon I hear footsteps approach the basement door and it opens. My dad is standing in the doorway, "Get up!" He growls.

I can't get up, I'm just sitting there frozen with fear. He kicks me in my stomach which makes me tumble down the stairs and land on the concrete floor. I push my self to a sitting position and my whole body aches.

My dad walks down the stairs and he has a flashlight. He stops a foot away from me when he reaches the bottom, "Time to begin," He cracks his knuckles.

--------------------------

Wow she has a cruel dad 🙀 I feel so sorry for her. Hopefully Jackson will come and rescue her like a true prince charming.

So please comment what you think so far and vote too.