Chapter 3: Two Mates

Jackson's pov

I arrived at the restaurant an hour before 7:00. My beta came with me because he wanted to meet my mate.

Once we get there we go in and find a table away from all the humans.

"So you sure she'll come?" Aiden asks.

"Yeah I'm sure," I say even though I'm not 100 percent sure.

All of a sudden I smell the same scent that tells me that she's here which was a sweet honey scent. I look toward the entrance and sure enough, she's there but then I see three other people with her. I notice the same guy from the ice cream shop. I growl at the thought of him taking my mate from me.

I look over to Aiden who is staring at her, "Dude why are you staring at her?"

"Oh uh I don't know," he says innocently.

I turn my attention back toward her as she walks up to me cautiously with her friends following.

"Hey," I say kind of nervously.

"Hi. These are my friends," she points to each of them as she says their names, "Liam, Emma, and Olivia."

"Nice to meet you all. I'm Jackson Devine if you don't know and this is Aiden Shay," I say pointing to him.

"I know who you are Jackson, alpha of our pack and Aiden is your beta," Emma says staring at me almost like she's daydreaming.

"Yeah ok then. Would you guys like to join us?"

"Sure," everyone says.

Emma sits kind of by me, Olivia sits next to her, Sophia sits across the table from me, then Liam sits next to her.

"So what's your name?" I ask my mate.

"Sophia and I guess I don't have to ask you Mr. Big Tough Alpha Dude Who Thinks He Can Get What He Wants," I notice that she rolls her eyes after she says that.

I guess she's going to play hard to get then. Well she doesn't know who she's messing with.

"Well Ms. Soon To Be Luna, I guess I'm going to have to change that attitude of yours," I say playfully.

I notice that she looks at Aiden sometimes and he's just staring at her. I nudge him a little bit ,"Dude quite staring at her."

"Why, she's so beautiful," he's love struck now.

I command him, "Stop staring at her," he looks at the floor.

Soon the waitress comes and we order our drinks. She comes back in a minute with them, "So are you ready to order?"

"Yeah, all of us would like steak please," I say.

As she turns around she looks at me and winks then walks away. I roll my eyes then ask, "How old are you Sophia?"

"Today is my birthday and I'm eighteen now," she says with a blank expression.

"Well happy birthday Sophia," I say smiling.

"And how old are you?" she asks curiously.

"I'm nineteen."

"Well good for you," she leans back in her chair and crosses her arms still with a blank expression, "And you know what, I don't really like steak so I'm going to go now," She gets up and walks away. Wow that dress makes her look sexy.

Emma turns toward me, "Sorry about her, I'll give you her phone number if you like."

"Sure," I say.

Emma grabs a napkin, gets a pen from her purse I didn't realize she had until now, and writes down Sophia's phone number. Once she's done she hands it to me and I see that she put her phone number too, "Thank you."

"No problem. I better get going then or she'll steal my car. Nice to meet you Jackson," she waves goodbye.

Now all who is left at the table is Liam, Olivia, Aiden, and I. Suddenly the waitress is at our table with our food.

"Can we get two boxes please?" I ask her.

"Ok," she hands us our steaks and goes to get two boxes.

"Well this wasn't what I expected," I tell Aiden.

"Yeah, your mate just walked away from you, you must be heartbroken. She sure was very beautiful though," he says.

"Dude what's the matter with you?"

"I guess I might as well tell you because I know she won't tell you. Well we are uh mates too...I guess she has two mates."

"I have to go," I stand up suddenly, "Waitress, we all need boxes and the bill please and hurry!"

She comes hustling back with our boxes and the bill. I look at the bill and it was almost $50, "Shit, Aiden, look at how much this is," I hand him the bill.

"Don't worry, I got this," he pulls out his credit card.

"Just hurry up."

We get all our stuff and walk toward the entrance, "Well it was nice to meet you Liam and Olivia."

"You too alpha," Liam says politely.

"Just call me Jackson."

Ok," they go out the door.

Aiden walks toward me, "We can go now."

I'm already running out the door as soon as he says that, "Hurry and get in the car!" I yell behind me.

As soon as Aiden gets into the car I speed away down the road going way past the speed limit.

"Slow down Jackson, we're going to go to jail or get killed," Aiden is panicking.

"We're almost there, just hold on."

We pull up to my house, well it's more like a mansion.

My dad use to be the alpha but once i turned eighteen he thought I was old enough to lead the pack. It's alot of work though, paperwork, boring meetings, and trying to take care of everyone in the pack.

I get out of the car as soon as I park it.

"Mom! Dad!" I yell once I get inside.

"What's the matter son?" my dad asks.

My mom walks up behind him as I explain, "Well I found my mate today but it turns out she has two mates."

All I hear are crickets for a minute or so then my mom asks, "Who is her other mate?"

"Me," Aiden says. I haven't even noticed he was behind me.

"Lets go to the library to see if we can find something about this," my dad says motioning us to follow him.

-------------------------------

I'm so very sorry I haven't been updating for a while, I been busy and my birthday is coming up so it might be a while before I update again.

Thank you all for reading this and please comment what you think should happen next.