Chapter 22: Things that Haunt Us

Peeta's Prov:

Utter darkness fills my sight. The drapes in my room create a barrier, that blocks the sunlight from me. The door remains sealed, just in case Haymitch comes and tries to destroy more of my life. Pillows and blankets lay scrunched up on the floor and the mattress I lay upon.

I begin to think about my life and how Katniss changed it. She saved me. Twice.

First during the 74th hunger games, when Cato struck me in the calf with his sword. She saved me. She risked her life for me. She almost got her self killed , when she went to get the medication. Wich would slow down the infection.

And when she was in the Capitol. They had her for like more that 2.5 months and it was her second interview. I start to tear up as the sight of her bloody beaten body appears in my mind, as if all my life memories were photos in a slideshow.

She warned us. Warned 13 about the bombs that the Capitol were sending. The bombs that destroyed several layers of compartments on the higher floors. The bombs did leave a relief. They brought Johanna and Annie home.

After what seams like hours of deep thought, its true to say Katniss is my missing puzzle piece. She's my other half.

Katniss Prov:

Pain scatters through my back.
My eyes flutter open.

I realize that I've fallen asleep on the floor last night. But why?

I stand up and stretch, letting a yawn escape. I begin to walk towards the staircase, and suddenly something sharp slices through my foot.

What happen last night?, I question myself.

It hits me. I look around the room. Only to find the flower vase with white roses to be on the ground, in dozens of small razor sharp pieces.

I had another episode, I sutter to myself. Did I hurt anyone? I
question.

-------------------_-------------------

Sorry for the wait. But im taking a break on wattpad. Ill still be reading stories, but im not going to be writing, for a few reasons.

- Amber