Chapter 3: Interveiws and Terror

Katniss Prov: 

Another week has gone by. Another week of beatings and altering. Another week of trying to hold on. And trying to stay alive.

Snow told me about  the  rebels and District 13. Johanna. Even told me about about thier plan to save me and that mutt Peeta. And how it failed. She also told me they will save us soon.    It seems 13 has completely forgot about us. It seems they don't care if we rot in cells and cling on to life. I thought that we would be recused already. But I guess I'm wrong.

Snow enters my cell and orders 2 peace keepers to send me to room 178. The Altering Room. I like to call it. The guards unlock my wrist my the shackles from the wall. And ruffly grab one of my arms and begins to dragg me out of the cell. Again as I'm pulled from my cell I see Johanna and Annie.

I can tell they haven't been beaten as badly as me. From the small beam of light of the room, it appears they have a minimum amount of bruises. But not badly as my bruises and the amount of scraps and cuts all over my body. I think to myself. Snow captured Annie to get to Finnick. Snow captured me to end what I started. And to get to the Mutt Peeta. But why is Johanna here?

  I'm in the Altering room and do the normal. Get pushed in the chair. Get strapped in. And wait for the pain. Wait for a change.

10 minutes later

I'm out of the trance. I'm in pain. Peeta cause all of this.He put me here. This is his fault.  He should be dead. He must die.

Peetas prov:

A weeks gone by and Coin has done nothing. Coin hasn't made a plan to rescue Katniss, Johanna or Annie. Coin also never agreed to even rescue them. I think she believes they are a waste of time. A waste of a hovercraft and weapons if we where to save them.

I just can't believe her sometimes. She needs to think of the rebellion. And the face of it.

I still haven't agreed to take the place as the leader of the rebellion. I'm still deciding. And if I do take it, will Snow take it out on Katniss? Torcher her cause I'm leading the rebels?

I'm called down to Command. They said it was urgent. I wonder what they need me for. I start to sprint through the corridors and hallways. As I run I hope they have news about Katniss. Good news.   Once I arrive at Command I'm out of breath.

I walk through the door and see Finnick,Gale,Plutarch,Coin,Effie and Haymitch surrounding the TV. Once I sat down I couldn't believe my eyes. There on the screen was Katniss.

I'm complety shock about her condition. She looks beaten, bloody and bruised. Numerous amounts of cuts decorate her face.  She has bags under her eyes. Speaking of her eyes they aren't the normal seam grey they always are. They are pitch black. Blacker then darkness. What did they do to her.

I'm too in shock for most of the interview. I can't believe she's alive. She's not dead. I snap out of my trance when Ceaser mentions me. Quickly anger fills her eyes. She starts screaming and yelling things, like " that stinking mutt, try to kill me." "He's a liar". " He should be killed, he should be dead for crying out loud!"

I'm taken back from all the things she's saying. What has the Capitol done to her. Shes not herself.

  The look on Ceasers face is frightening. He looks scared as multiple Peace Keppers escort her of stage. And before the screen goes black. I hear her scream "Kill him! He's a murderer!"

  Everyone's eyes fall on me. Effie tells me she's sorry. Anger fills me. I scream sorry for what! That Katniss was taken by the Capitol and they destroyed her, they broke her! I don't even bother to apologize to Effie at the moment. I'm to mad. And with that I walk out of Command.

I start to run, until I find my self deep in 13. I find a wall and sit. Thinking about what they did to Katniss and about the interveiw.  I hope the girl on fire is still in her. In her somewhere.

Another Chapter! Please vote and comment!

All rights to Suzanne Collins.