23. Lies

*Harry's POV*

Sunlight crept onto my face, waking me up. I opened my eyes then quickly closed them, cursing. The sun was shining directly in my eye. I turned away so my back was to the sunlight. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes again.

It was very nice waking up to Dani's apartment. Even though this couch was old, I found comfort in it. I sat up and stretched my arms over my head and yawned. I glanced at the wall clock and saw that it was only 7:30 AM. I was surprised I wasn't tired despite sleeping so late last night. I had work in an hour and a half and decided that it was best to stay awake. I stood up, turned off my alarm, and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I splashed my face with cold water and grabbed a towel to dry my face. As I dried my face, the memory of Dani kissing my head flashed back and I couldn't stop the smirk that formed on my face. She had no idea that her kiss woke me up. The pleasant memory formed questions in my head. Why did she do that? What is the meaning behind her kiss?

To prevent myself from dwelling on the kiss, I walked back to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. I opened the fridge and moved some stuff around until I found what I needed--bacon, eggs, and milk. It wasn't long until the aroma of bacon woke Dani up. She sleepily walked into the kitchen and glanced at what I was cooking.

"Morning, sleepyhead," I greeted her.

"Morning," she replied with a sleepy smile on her face. "What time do you have to go to work?"

"Nine."

"I'm surprised you're up so early."

"I'm surprisingly not tired."

"Well I'm tired so I'm going back to bed, but before I do, I'm eating this piece of bacon." I watched as she grabbed a piece of bacon and stomped back to her room. I couldn't stop laughing at her strange behavior. She never ceases to surprise me.

After eating, I said goodbye to Dani and headed off to work. She didn't have class till noon. I walked into the bakery and greeted Mel and Dan (the owners) and my co-workers. I spotted John in the back organizing the table. He was by himself so I took the opportunity to talk to him.

I walked up to him and he turned his head towards me.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi," I responded. "Do you need help?"

"Uh, sure. Can you throw these away?" he asked, handing me a stack of soiled paper. I quickly threw them away and came back.

"Look..." I started, "I'm sorry about yesterday. I was trying to find someone but I couldn't and I was upset about it. But things are good now because I found her." John looked at me in confusion and I realized what I said made no sense and was very strange.

"Don't worry about it," John said, smiling. "I kinda had a feeling you were upset and wanted to be left alone."

"Thanks for understanding. So are we good?" I asked.

"Of course! Why wouldn't we be?" I sighed in relief. I was glad things were good between us. I wouldn't want to work with someone who held grudges.

All of a sudden, I felt the phone that Tom gave me vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and looked to see who it was. It was my other boss. What could he be calling for? I quickly excused myself and stepped outside to answer his call.

"Hey, buddy!" my boss greeted.

"Hey," I replied. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry to bother you but there's a guy who wants to buy a gram of coke."