30. Realization

The contract was up and it was time to pack my bags and leave. Luckily I didn't have many possessions. Dani's parents came by earlier, picking up the last of her stuff. I was last to leave. I stood facing the empty apartment that held so many memories. I will truly miss this place but I need to move on. They asked me earlier if I wanted to stay with them but I told them I had a place.

I took the taxi to Ballard and watched the buildings and people pass by in a blur. The sun was shining and I looked out at the beauty that is Washington. It was hot but not too hot. Summer was here and everything and everyone was so...alive.

Alas, the taxi finally arrived at my destination. I removed my luggage from the trunk and made my way to the front door of a quaint house. It was small, but a beautiful, inviting place nonetheless. I knocked on the door and waited. Seconds later, I could see her come down the stairs and shyly open the door, not believing her eyes.

"Harry?" my aunt questioned. "What are you doing here?"

I looked at her, finally able to appreciate her strong resemblance to my mom, and asked, "Can I come in?"

.

.

Humans are complex. They have the ability to forgive and forget, and they strive to see the good in people. I was forgiven when I couldn't forgive myself and people believed in me when I lost all hope.

I'm thankful for the people who changed my life forever. I will never forget them as long as I live because I learned an important lesson from them.

I am not perfect and that's okay. I make mistakes and I learn from them; I am only human. I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize that, but I finally did, and that's all that matters.

-- End --

.

.

.

THANK YOU for reading, voting, and commenting. I hope you enjoyed reading this story and that it was somewhat meaningful. You're probably wondering what happened to Harry but that's up to you to decide. But if you must know, he's doing just fine. :)

So what's next? I'll be editing this story which will take a while. Unfortunately there will be no sequel to this story.

If you enjoyed this story and are interested in other works by me, please check out Fireproof. Also, be on the lookout for a new story! :D I'm not sure when it will be out. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to write this new story at the same time as Fireproof or wait until Fireproof is done.

Thanks again for reading. It really means a lot to me. :')

+

ABOUT

I started writing "Change" on September 8, 2014 on a Word Document. I don't know when I posted it on Wattpad, but it was some time in September 2014. I published the last chapter of "Change" on October 23rd, 2015.

I can't believe it's been over a year! It's been a long journey but I can finally say that "Change" is officially done. Thanks for dealing with my slow updates and reading this story until the very end. :)

Tracy / 10.23.15