chapter 11

Maddy's POV
- Graduation day

Its graduation day and I'm beyond excited. I jumped out of bed nearly tripping over my own feet and rushed into the bathroom to get ready for one of the most important days of my life. I took a quick 15 minute shower and took care of my daily hygiene. After showering I returned to my room wear I lotioned and put on my white dress all the girls had to wear under their cap and gowns and my all black closed toed heels. All the girls had to wear those also. After I was finished putting my clothes on I grabbed my all white cap and gown off of the hanger on my door where I place it last night. I zipped up the gown placed my cap on my head and made sure my tassel was in the right place. I gave myself one quick once over in the mirror and smiled. I'm graduating today yayyyy!!! I thought to myself . I grabbed my keys off the dresser and headed down stairs where I was greeted by my parents.

"I'm so proud of you."

My mom said with tears in her eyes.

I began to tear up also. Even though my parents and I don't always see eye to eye I still love and appreciate them for all they do for me.

"My baby is all grown up now."

My dad said. I smiled and nodded.

"Well we best be going if we want to make it on time. "

My mother said.

"Yeah come on let's get going."

My dad said and with that we were out the door.
************
We pulled up at the civic center right on time I got out the car and made my way towards the tunnel with my class. I found my boo Ciarra and embraced her.

"We finally here baby girl."

I said still hugging her.

"Yes best friend I'm so happy, I swear I didn't think I would make it but you always helped me stay positive."

she was on the verge of tears.

"Awww thanks , that's what I'm here for boo. Now stop all the foo foo shit, bitch we suppose to be happy."

I said smiling .

The teachers came out and told us it was time to march so everyone got in their places Ciarra sat directly two rows in front of me because her last name was Carter and mine was Parker. We both sat at the end of our rows.
We sat in our seats and listened to the welcome followed by speeches from students in my class. Then our principal gave a speech it was really good but I was ready to walk across that stage. Finally it was time, row after row went up to receive their diplomas. They called Ciarra's row and I couldn't help but to scream for my lil baby. Finally my name was being called

" Madison Denise Parker."

The superintendent said over the microphone and I heard my family and Ciarra yelling and cheering . I returned to my seat with the biggest smile ever. After everyone's name had been called the principal lead us to move our tassels and it was official we were finally graduates of Carver high school. Ayeee class of 2015 stand up ! Everyone exited the building screaming and chanting 15! I'm really gonna miss my class we had some good times together. I met back up with Ciarra and we went outside to find our families.

"Congrats babies."

Ciarra's mom said.

"Thanks."

We said in unison. Everyone from my parents to Ciarra's parents and her brothers and sisters gave us their congratulations and gifts. I was just glad it was over with.

"Congrats peeps"

Tim said walking up to us in his cap and gown.

"Same to you "