Chapter 23

Maddy's Pov

3 weeks later

" ughhhhhhh, I'm so nervous!" I said to Ciarra frantically.

" Girl, Don't be that man loves you." She retorted.

" But what if he's upset with me for keeping this from him. I don't know what I would do." I said biting my bottom lip, a habit I tend to do when i'm nervous.

" Please, shut-up" Ciarra said bluntly causing me to look at her with the screw face.

" You always over think things just go with the flow and everything will be alright."

" You're right" I said taking a deep breath.

" Do I look okay?" I questioned looking down at my attire. I wore a nude body con dress with red pumps. My hair was bone straight. My make-up was light but I added red lipstick to make it pop.

" Yes, you look fine now hurry up and get down stairs before that man leaves your crazy ass." Ciarra said playfully while nudging my shoulders.

I grabbed everything I would need for the night , then headed downstairs where Carlos has been waiting for about 15 minutes.

When I walked into the room my heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. He looked so good in his button down mint green polo shirt with khaki pants and Gucci loafers on his feet. He had his dreads braided neatly to the back. two diamond studs graced his ears and he wore a gold rope chain and Rolex. I didn't even want to go out anymore. I licked my lips trying to erase the dirty thought that invaded my head at the moment. He must have caught me because he began to look at me with that goofy ass smirk on his gorgeous face.

" You must like what you see beautiful." He said grabbing me by my waist and kissing me with his supple lips.

" Maybe" I replied breathlessly after we pulled away from our intense kiss.

We gazed at each long and hard before we heard the clear of someone's throat. We both looked up with annoyed facial expressions.

" ummm, ya'll two and be nasty later when you don't have guessed present." Ciarra said with a look of humor on her face.

I rolled my eyes and Carlos pulled me towards the door.

" Let's be on our way, we are already late." Carlos said grinning at me.

" Good night Ciarra he said over his shoulders as held me out of the house.

" Bye y'all , call me tomorrow Madison" Ciarra screamed behind us.

" Okay , and make sure you lock up when you leave." I yelled back.

She just wave me off and headed back inside.

***********************************************************

Carlos Pov

Everything seemed to be going well between Madison and I tonight at dinner but for reason she seems nervous about something we are currently at my house sitting on the sofa watching some movie I can't even remember the name of all I know is Madison really wanted to watch it but she's not even engaged in it. She's been biting her lips and fidgeting with the tennis bracelet I bought her years ago that I just realized she always seems to wear. Every-time I see her she has it on. That really warms my heart that she kept up with it this long.

" Baby-girl, What's bugging you." I asked her quietly.

She looked up at me kind of shocked before she tried to hide it.