Chapter 18

Maddy's pov

6 Years Later 

Its been a long six years I have graduated college with a degree in business and dance that I have put into full use. I own a dance studio out in Texas and it is doing very well  after only two years of being open. It's doing so well in fact that we are branching out to my hometown back in Georgia. I couldn't just forget about home. I visit often mainly to see my parents but also to check up on the progression of my business. I also do a lot of charity and outreach work in the community. My co-partner is no other than Ciarra  it wouldn't be right without her. She is actually going to be moving back home soon since her husband Tim is getting traded to the Atlanta Falcons. He is currently playing for the Cowboys out here. They have a beautiful daughter that she named Emily Marie Woods. Their family is truly beautiful. Me on the other hand i'm still single after my relationship with Dontae in college I gave up on love I tried dating a few times but all they wanted from me was some pussy and since I wasn't in a rush to give it up they went somewhere else to get it. Which is fine with me. I like being single I do not have to worry about ending up with hurt feelings again but i'm not going to sit here and say that companionship wouldn't be nice because I really do long for it. I wish I could come home to a Man who is happy to see me and only me. A man that loves me through thick and thin. Who doesn't want me because i'm rich or just to get into my pants. A man that cares about my feelings and my needs. Someone who will cater to me sometimes cook my meals, massage my aching dance feet. Is that too much to ask for? I just want someone that will keep it real and will not lie no matter how mad they think I will get but in the world we live in today that shit is beyond impossible in most cases. So I guess I will be single forever.

A knock on my office door interrupted my thoughts. I look up from the paper work in front of me that I haven't even been paying attention to and told whoever it was to enter. Ciarra walked in carrying a sleeping Emily on her hip.

" Hey boo, bring me my niece." I said standing up from my desk to grab Emily.

" She is getting so big." I gushed over her.

" Yeah I know can you believe she will be one in six more months." Ciarra said.

" No, I really can't but I can not wait because i'm going to spoil her so good." I said

" ugh, you and Tim get on my nerves with that. Have your own baby and stop trying to spoil mine." She snapped playfully.

" Nope, I like spoiling other people kids but what brings you by boo. You know you don't have to come back to work for another two weeks."

" because the charity banquet is tonight and we have to meet our new partners for the community outreach program. I heard that they are doing really big things and have been around for six years now."

" ughhhh, I forgot all about that. Okay, i'll make sure i'm there what time does it start and what's the name of the company and our new partners."

" Well, the company name is White's corporation we don't know the owners names yet. We'll just find out tonight and it starts at nine."

" Okay , cool let me lock up and go to the mall to find something to wear. You coming with me?" I questioned Ciarra.

" Yeah , let's go. I feel like buying Emily some new clothes anyway." She said

" But, I'm the one that spoils her." I said 

" Its different she's mine."she laughed

I rolled my eyes in return.

" yeah, whatever." I said.

We walked out of my office and took the elevator down to the parking garage to get our cars. I really hope we impress our new partners at this banquet. I know we are new but we are on our shit and we are about our business and I really hope these partners are not assholes like the last partners we had. I made it my business to cut ties from them very quickly. Tonight should be very interesting to say the least.

Comment and Vote!