chapter 39

Carlos POV

I've been sitting outside of maddison's house for about 20 minutes now and I'm not sure if I want to get out. To be honest I'm tired of all the failed attempts to get her back. I know I messed up but damn everything else was perfect if she can't see that I'm a good man then maybe it's time to move on. I love her but I can't keep doing this. I'm giving this one last shot and if she turns me down then so be it. Fuck it a niggah tired of the cat and mouse games. Here goes nothing I said to myself as I unbuckled my seat belt to exit my car.

***************************

Maddy's POV

Its been a week since I took those pregnancy test and I still haven't got in touch with carlos. I'm honestly scared, scared that he will reject me or that he has moved on or he doesn't want a baby with such a selfish person like me.

*ding dong*

The doorbell rang breaking my thoughts. I exited my spot on the couch to go answer the door. Its probably ciarra she said she would be by today but she really could have used her key. She uses it any other time hell.
" Girl why didn't you just --
I stopped talking mid sentence when I realized it was Carlos instead of Ciarra.
Fuck! I wasn't ready to see him what if he notices my growing belly. Ugh, why me?
I crossed my arms to try an hide my belly but the look on Carlos's face is a clear indication that I'm caught red handed.

" I guess I'm not the person you were expecting to see at the door huh?" He questioned with an unreadable facial expression.

" No not exactly."

" Can I come in"

"Sure"

I held the door open and watched him closely as he casually walked in and proceeded towards my living room like he lives here or some shit. I would have said something but the way he was looking at me a few moments ago made me decide other wise.

After we reached the living room he took a spot on the couch and reached his hand out for me to join him. I slowly began to make my way towards him saying a silent pray all the while. After we were both seated he just stared at me with that unreadable facial expressions again.

" So I came by to get answer to the question that I've asking you for months now but I got any even bigger surprise instead. All I want to know is are you carrying my child?"

" Yes, I'm carrying your baby Carlos. I was planning on telling you but I just --

"At this point I do not care if you do not want to be with me I just want to be apart of my child's life. You are dead ass wrong keeping something like this from me! How dare you! You didn't want to be with me because I kept a secret from you but you've been hiding a wh6ile pregancy for months now!"

" It hasn't been months Carlos I just found out a month ago. I'm sorry I was going to tell you I promise I was"

At this point I was bawling, these hormones has me all fucked up.

" okay okay , just calm down I believe you. I still think it's wrong you didn't tell me when you found out but I guess I can let it slide for you. " He said while embracing me in his arms."

The feeling of relief and happiness overtook me when he said those words. I know I do not want to live without this man in my life so it's time to put my big girls panties on and finally tell him what he's been wanting to hear for months now.

" Carlos " I said with a long deep sigh.

" Oh , my bad I guess I got carried away" He said smiling and realeasing me from his arms.

" No, it's not that"

" Oh, well what is it then?"

" I uhh I've umm I --

" Maddison please just say what you need to say. What are you scared of."

Carlos said looking at me with that intense unreadable facial expression again. Here goes nothing I thought.

" Iwanttobewithyouokay"

I said really fast making it impossible for him to hear.

" I said I want to be with you I love you and there is no other person in this world that I would ever consider being with. You are perfect in everyway I don't care what you do for a living as long as you come home to me every night. I need you more than ever right now these past months have been Hell for me. All I think about is you when I wake up , while I'm at working, when it's time for me to go to bed you're the only thing on my mind. I love you in everyway possible to love a man and I just hope you can forgive my stubborn antics. I've loved you since I was in highschool you have always been the man of my dreams and I don't want to lose you."

When I was finished confessing my feelings I was in tears again.

" come here babygirl" Carlos said.

I quickly eliminated the small gap between us jumping into his arms and immediately showering him with kisses.

" Damn, you really missed Daddy huh?" Carlos asked with that silly ass smirk on face that I love so much.

" That is an understatement"

I said grabbing his hand pulling him upstairs towards the bedroom. The hormones of mine are going crazy and I can't wait to show him just how much I missed " Daddy".
Love is not an easy thing to find but if you found someone who truly makes you happy keep that person in your life. Do not let small things ruin what could have been something very beautiful. You only love once so don't live with regrets.

**************************

The End. ❤