Chapter 24

Carlos Pov

3 Months later

" Man , I can't believe you and shawty still together after all of this time." Juan joked, while we sat in V.I.P nursing our drinks and vibing to the music.

" Hell nawl , me either" Chris said laughing with Juan. These niggahs get on my nerves for real.

" I just knew after you told her about what type of business you're really into she would haul ass" Juan continued.

That really kind of hit me because I still haven't told her about my other life. I know its wrong but I just can't seem to form the words into sentences and i'm dreading when the time comes for her to know the truth.

Taking in my silence the boys stopped laughing and turned to look at me with piercing eyes.

" You have told her?" Chris asked, making me look down at my drink.

" awww hell nawl !" Juan exclaimed.

" Bruh you gotta tell lil mama, keeping it away is only going to make things worse in the long run." He continued.

" I know man, I just don't know how." I said.

" Whatcha mean you don't know how?" Chris asked.

" I just don't Aight!!" I said growing frustrated.

" Don't get mad at us because you fucking up." Juan said.

" Right, you better tell her before she finds out from someone else and leaves your dumb ass." Chris said shaking his head.

" I know , but what if she still leaves?" I said.

" What will I do then, I can't live without that woman she means more to me than my own life. How do you let go of something like that?" I asked to no one in particular.

" Man I don't know how to answer that question but what I do know is lies kill relationships and the lie you are holding will be the death of yours if you don't man up and tell Maddison the truth she deserves that much." Chris said.

" Yeah , yall are right let me get up outta here I have some serious thinking to do." I said dapping them both.

" Aight man be safe"

"Good luck"

They both said at the same time as I found my way out of V.I.P.

I'm sure gonna need some luck on my side to tell Maddison the truth.

*******************************************************

The day has finally come. I'm going to tell Maddison my darkest secret. I hope she doesn't reject me because I have plans to spend the rest of my life with her and I do not want this to get in the way of that. I have already bought an engagement and a new house that I know she will love. I hope she doesn't think i'm doing all of this just to make her stay because that is not the case at all. I love this woman whole heartily and I hope she can find it in herself to forgive me for all of my wrong doings and lies. Well guess there is no time like the present I better get my ass out of this car and knock on her door before I lose all my confidence.

Taking a deep breath I steeped out of my new baby blue customized Bentley. I lightly ran my hands over my grey and baby blue tailor made suit with silver cuff links to get the few wrinkles I acquired while sitting in the car for so long and walk up maddison's long drive way until I reached the door. After ringing the door bell I patiently waited for her to answer the door. I know I could of used my key but this wasn't a social invitation and I thought it would be inappropriate of me to do so on this occasion.