Chapter 77

I was currently getting an ultrasound, but this was the special one where I would find the gender of the babies out. Kari was currently in Florida because they had a game tonight. I had planned this ultrasound this way because I had planned to surprise Kari with the genders of the babies and if he came obviously I couldn't do that.

"Ready to find out the genders of your babies?" Asked the doctor smiling a warm smile as she squirted the cold jelly on my belly. I winced slightly at the cold.

"Alright there's baby 1 and baby 2. They're both healthy. I'll write the genders down on this piece of paper," She said glancing at Cat with that knowing gaze.

"Thanks," I said giggling while Cat continued to stare at the book she was reading. I think she was mainly looking at the pictures inside.

"Congratulations Mrs. Lehtonen," She said after wiping the jelly off my belly and helping me up.

"Thanks," I said going to the front desk to make my next appointment which I made sure Kari would be able to attend.

"Cat we have to go to Academy to get some stuff," I said as we pulled out of the parking space.

"What for mommy?" Cat asked.

"I need to get something," I said glancing in the rear view mirror where I saw cat playing with her Elsa doll. I smiled and drove the 15 minutes of the drive in silence the only sound was the radio quietly playing.

I got Cat out of the car and we ran in to get our supplies.

(Karis pov)

We had just won 3-0 against the Florida Panthers and I was super excited! I checked my phone to see if Abigail had texted me with the genders of the babies, but she had not which instantly worried me. She was four months pregnant and I had left her all alone in Dallas. Of course she had Robin and her family along with the other Wives and girlfriends, but not even this was enough to study my nerves.

"You okay dude? You look scared?" Tyler asked as he took off his pads.

"Yeah Abigail just hasn't texted me," I said sighing.

"Relax I'm sure she will soon. You better hurry and change we are going to leave in like two hours," Tyler said tossing his jersey in the bin and throwing his pads in his stall and going to shower grabbing a towel. 

I sat on the plane just anxious to get home. I hoped Abigail was okay. I'm sure I was just overthinking things, but could you blame me. It was the girl I loved and she was carrying my children. My little boys or girls. I wanted to know so bad!! I texted Abigail and she read the message, but she didn't reply.

"Shit!" I said out loud. Did I make her mad? What did I do?

"Whats wrong?" Jamie asked looking concerned at me.

"I texted Abigail about the genders of the twins and she read my messages, but didn't reply," I said defeated placing my head in my hands. 

"Maybe she was sleeping and didn't realize it was you who texted?" Jamie suggested trying to make me feel better before the plane took off.

"What if she lost the babies?" I whispered my mind going to the worst case scenario. 

"Hey! That's not the way to think dude. I'm sure Abigail and the babies are fine and that you're just worrying to much," Jamie stated hitting me on the shoulder.

"Can you text her? Please," I asked begging.

"Sure thing man," Jamie said getting up and going back to his seat next to Tyler. 

I saw him type away and then his phone lit up and he whacked Tylers shoulder about 10 times before showing Tyler his phone.

"Oh my gosh!!" Tyler exclaimed before Jamie shushed him and glanced in my direction.

"Jamie? Did she reply?" I called to him as he turned his phone off since we were about to take off.

"Yes she's doing fine," Jamie said smiling a bright smile in my direction.

After the five hour flight back to Dallas I was glad to be home. I didn't manage to sleep because I was to busy thinking about my beautiful wife at home. As soon as we got off the planes I headed straight home going like 5 miles over the speed limit the whole time.

I arrived home and came through the door pulling my suit case by the door. 

"Abigail?" I whispered seeing her on the couch awake. Usually she's asleep by the time I get home which since it's about 3 AM she should be sleeping.

"Hey babe. Good game tonight. Sit down I have a couple presents for you," Abigail said standing up and wobbling into the other room while I sat on the couch anxiously.

Abigail came back in the room holding two medium sized boxes. I eyed them suspiciously and she set them beside her before sitting beside me placing a kiss on my cheek. 

"So this is your first gift. There is either a pair of figure skates or hockey skates depending on the gender of baby A," Abigail said smiling and placing the box gently in my lap.

I carefully removed the wrapping paper and then took a deep breath before removing the lid. I looked in and pulled out a tiny pair of hockey skates.

"A biy," I whispered smiling as tears came to my eyes.

"Yup baby A is a little boy," Abigail said smiling brightly excitement and love shining in her eyes.

"Whats baby B?" I asked smiling.

"See for yourself," Abigail said smiling and handing me the other box.

I once again took off the wrapping paper and carefully removed the lid before pulling out another pair of hockey skates.

"We....We are having two boys?" I asked tears slipping down my cheeks.

"Yes twin boys. Two little goalies just like they're daddy," Abigail said quietly wiping away my tears gently with her soft hand.

"Oh my gosh," I said smiling and placing the skates back in their boxes before wrapping my beautiful wife in my arms. I can't believe I would have two sons to teach to play hockey. I was excited. I kissed Abigail before we walked up the stairs to bed.

I changed and as Abigail laid asleep in my arms I just thought about how amazing my life was. The stars were doing fairly well so far this season even though we had plenty of games to play, but I was confident in the team. I couldn't ask for a better life to be living.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Hey guys, So the picture above is to show you how big Abigail is at the moment! I hope y'all enjoy and thanks for all the support. There will probably be one more chapter before the epilogue. :)