Chapter 16

(Abigail's pov)

Kari had one more game before it was the break for Thanksgiving. They were actually playing against the Penguins so I smiled upon seeing my sister and her 3 kids. "Hey prego," I joked as my sister wattles up her big belly sticking out. She stuck her tongue out and then hugged me... Well tried to hug me it was hard with her belly in the way. "So how far along are you now?" I asked as I sat in my chair Cat on my lap wearing my Jamie Benn jersey. "6 months," she said rubbing her belly. She was wearing her away Maatta jersey and her kids were as well. "So tell me boy or girl?" I asked excited smiling. "You'll find out at thanksgiving," she said smiling sneakily. The lights dimmed so Addison and I quite talking.

Addison cheered for the penguins as they came out which got her a couple glares from the other Stars fans. Olli skated over to the glass and put his hand on the glass which Addison placed her hand there and then each of her three kids did the same. It was adorable! Kari of course came and flipped a puck over for Cat which Cat took gladly.

The stars were down 1-0 by the end of the first. Addison and I just sat and talked not about anything in particular just about thanksgiving. Kirsten (our other sister) was bringing her two kids Jacky and Ava to thanksgiving along with her husband. Wyatt (our brother) couldn't make it because he was currently deployed (he's in the navy).

The Boys came on the ice and I watched the puck drop. 10 minutes into the game I looked at Kari and then something I never wanted to happen happened. Kari fell to the ice and he didn't get up. What happened was Chris Kunitz was on a breakaway and Gonchar made the wrong choice and hooked Chris. Kunitz tripped and it was slow motion as he fell into Kari. Kari's leg hit the crossbar and he hasn't gotten up. The ref was over talking to Kari and I just saw Kari nod his head. Then I saw the trainer/ medical staff rush out on to the ice. I was frozen in my seat. Come on get up Kari! He got up but was helped my the medical staff and he wasn't skating on his left leg. I quickly stood up feeling my heart pounding into my chest. I grabbed Cats hand. "We are going down to the medical room. See you at the house," I told her. I gave Addison the address to my new home and put Cat on my hip and rushed down to the locker room. A security guard stopped me as I was about to go in so I could get to the Medical room. "Excuse me ma'am you can't go in there," he told me. "My boyfriend is Kari he just got hurt please," I told the security guard. "Daddy!" Cat yelled pointing at the door. The guard nodded and let us in. I rushed into the medical room to see they had taken Kari's gear off. "What's wrong with him?" I asked the doctor holding Kari's hand. "It seems he may have your his ACL," the man told me. I felt my heart shatter. I leaned down and kissed Kari's lips and he kissed me back. We watched the rest of the game and we fell 2-1 in OT. "Go ahead and get him to the hospital," the doctor told me and gave Kari crutches. I nodded and pulled the car up to where I left Kari. I sighed as we headed to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Sorry its kind of short y'all. I hope you like it none the less :) let me know what you think!!