Chapter 3

(Abigail's pov)

The stars were introduced and it was time for the first face off of the preseason! I was excited. The stars won the face off and the game was underway.

The stars were up 2-1 at the end of the first period. "Mommy I have to potty!" My daughter exclaimed. "Okay honey," I placed her blanket in my seat and picked her up. "Robin we are going to the restroom. Be right back," I told her. "Okay! Can you get me a water?" Robin asked handing me 2$. I nodded and then carried Cathy to the bathroom. After she went and took care of her business we went to the concession stand. I placed her on the ground and grabbed the two dollars for Robins water and then extra for a snack for Cathy.

"I need one water and umm a Hershey's bar," I told the lady at the checkout counter. She placed both items on the counter,"That'll be 4.50," she told me. I handed her a 5 dollar bill and took the water and handed Cat the chocolate bar. "Don't open that yet Cat. wait until we get to our seats," I told her and took a hold of her free hand. I grabbed napkins knowing cat would need them.

We walked back to our seats and I handed Robin the water and sat Cat in my lap and then opened the chocolate bar for my daughter. I had some superstitions and one of those included not eating during the game. Cathy was eating her chocolate and the Stars skated out for the next period.

The rest of the game went by and the stars won 3-2! I then placed Cathy on the ground and wrapped up the half eaten chocolate bar and put it in Cathy's back pack. We waited for the arena to clear out a little. "I had tons of fun! See you later Robin," I said giving her a hug. "Bye Abigail. Bye Cathy," Robin said waving. My daughter waved back. I then remembered that Kari wanted me to go to the locker room.

I walked down to wear the locker room is with a security guard guiding me. I was nervous as hell now! "right in here miss," he said and opened the door for me. "Mommy what are we doing," my daughter asked yawning. "Im visiting someone," I told her. She placed her head on my shoulder as I held her I knew she was probably tired.

I walked in and then the security guard yelled,"Kari your guest is here!" This caused everyone's heads to whip around at me and everyone's conversations to cease. I awkwardly stood there my daughter in my arms fast asleep. Kari then stood up and walked towards me. "Hey Abigail nice to see you again," Kari said smiling. "You too," I said smiling back. "Whos this?" Kari said looking at me sleeping daughters figure. "This is my daughter Cathy or Cat for short," I told him. "Oh I didn't know you were married and had a daughter," he said looking at his feet.

" I'm a single mother," I told him. He looked at me eyes filled with sympathy. "Kari obviously she wants me!" Tyler Seguin said walking up and pulling me into his side. I laughed and my daughter woke up and started reaching out towards Kari. "She wants you to hold her," I told Kari.

Kari opened his arms and held my daughter in his arms while my daughter wrapped her small arms around his neck and fell asleep on his shoulder. I smiled at the sight. "Kari I didn't know you had a kid!" Jamie exclaimed. I chuckled and then Tyler said,"You idiot! that's obviously Kari's girlfriends kid!" woah! hold the phone.

"We aren't dating," I told Tyler. "yeah we just met today," Kari confirmed. Tyler nodded and the locker room started clearing out as the boys went home. "Im sorry for keeping you," I told him. "No worries I had fun getting to know you. I'm sorry about what happened to your husband," Kari said. Yup you guessed it I told him about my husband and just my life in general. We shared some information about ourselves but I found Kari was more closed off about telling me about his life.

"It's okay. It was two years ago," I told him not really liking the subject. "How about I walk you out," Kari said and I nodded he walked me out to my car still holding my daughter I opened the back door and he placed my daughter in the car seat. I placed her blanket on top of her and closed the door as quietly as I could. "Abigail would you umm like to go on a date?" Kari asked his accent coming through. "Sure," I said smiling and my stomach practically flipped! "Can I uh see your phone?" he asked again I nodded and pulled it out of my pocket. I watched as his fingers moved across the key board typing in his number.

I drove home that night smiling happily to myself. It was a great night but, to be honest I'm not sure I'm ready to get into a new relationship...