Chapter 34

(Abigail's pov)

Kari and I woke up early the next morning. I had a hangover but, I tried not to let it show as we went to pick up Cat and say goodbye to my sister. I sighed as we headed to the airport. I feel like we've been flying a lot recently.

We got on the plane and Cat took the window seat. I sat in the middle and Kari got the isle seat again. "We need to set a date for the wedding," Kari told me playing with my fingers. "I've always wanted a fall wedding," I told him smiling. "Okay we can do sometime in the fall," Kari said smiling. "How about October before the actual season starts?" I questioned. "That would be great," he told me kissing me. "How about October 12?" I questioned. "Sounds good," He told me. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

We finally landed a couple hours later. I grabbed Cats hand and we walked to the luggage claim. We got all three of our bags and headed to the lot where Karis car sat waiting for us.

We drove home and Cat ran strait to her room to play. Kari dropped our bags by the door and looped his arms around my waist. "Happy to be home?" he asked as I sighed in contentment. "very," I said and then my phone began to ring. I pulled away from Kari and answered my phone.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Hey Abigail it's Linda," the voice replied.

"Oh hi Linda what can I help you with?" I questioned.

"Stephany just called in sick we really need you to take over her shift," my boss explained.

"Okay be there soon," I sighed hanging up.

I walked upstairs hearing Kari follow me. "Who was it?" Kari asked. "My boss. Ive got to go in to work. Will you watch Cat?" I asked him grabbing some orange scrubs. "Yeah ill watch her. I'm sorry you have to go in when we just got home," he told me. "Its okay it happens all the time," I sighed. It was true though every time I had days off or anything I always seemed to get called in. I slipped into my scrubs and put my hair into a high ponytail. "You look good in scrubs," Kari told me kissing me. I laughed and kissed him.

I sighed and turned on the radio as I drove to work. Stupid boss!

(Karis pov)

I felt bad for Abigail we just got home and she had work. I decided to invite Tyler and Jamie over.

Me: Hey guys I'm taking care of Cat wanna come over?

Tyler: yeah sure! Be there in 15 min.

Jamie: yeah ill be there soon!

"Hey Cat Tyler and Jamie are coming over," I told her smiling. "Yay!" she said smiling.

The boys arrived and came inside sitting on the couch as I turned on the NHL network. "Have you and Abigail talked about the wedding at all?" Jamie asked while Tyler went to find food. "Yeah we've decided a date that's about it though," I told him. "What's the date?" Tyler asked a mouthful of chips. "October 12th," I told him smiling. "Ah a fall wedding," Jamie said. "Yeah," I told him smiling. "I'm honestly going to let her have everything she wants for the wedding," I told the guys. "You know the weird thing is a long time ago she told us she was going to marry you," Tyler told me. "What?" I questioned looking between him and Jamie.

"Yeah she told us that she would marry you one day she could just tell," Jamie told me. Wow I thought. "Yeah we didn't believe her at first but, as y'all's relationship grew you could tell," Tyler told us.

"Enough of the sappy talk who's ass am I kicking in NHL 14 first?" Jamie asked grabbing a controller.

A couple hours later we heard the door open. All three of us stood up and walked up the stairs. It was 11:30 so Cat fell asleep a while ago. I walked in to see Abigail looking absolutely exhausted. I hugged her,"How was work?" I questioned. "Long," she said cuddling into my chest while hugging me back. "Hey Jamie and Tyler," Abigail said pulling away. "Have you guys eaten?" she questioned. "Baby we'll order a pizza how about you go shower and go to bed," I told her seeing how tired she was. "That sounds like a great idea," she giggled. I chuckled and kissed the top of her head. "Please don't burn the house down," she said looking at Tyler. "I wont," he said putting his hands up in surrender. "Are you guys staying over here tonight?" I questioned. "Yeah might as well," Tyler said shrugging. "Well we have one guest room and then someone can sleep on the couch," I told them.

I walked into the bedroom at 12:45 tired as all get out. We had ordered a pizza and watched a little bit of TV but, mainly just stayed up talking. I climbed in bed besides Abigail and she immediately cuddled into my side making me smile. I loved her so much. "I love you so much," I whispered kissing her temple.