Chapter 17

(Abigail's pov)

Kari was asleep in the hospital bed. He came out of ACL repair surgery about two hours ago. I sat in the uncomfortable chair while Cat slept on the little bed they brought her. I held Kari's hand and laid my head down on the edge of the bed feeling my eyes begin to droop.

"Baby?" I heard someone say pulling me from my dreams. I groggily looked up to see that Kari was awake. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Hey baby." Kari hugged me back and then kissed me. "Baby go home," Kari told me. "Not without you sweetie," I told him stubbornly. "Babe ill be fine y'all don't need to stay up here all uncomfortable," Kari said to me when I sat back down. "Babe I'm fine. Cats asleep and you'll get to leave in the morning," I told him squeezing his hand. My sister called earlier to check on Kari so I told her everything that was going on. Kari sighed knowing I wasn't letting him win.

"Now go to bed baby you need rest," I said standing up and running my fingers through his hair and kissing him. I got the nurse to bring me a blanket and a pillow. I then placed the pillow behind my back and then put the blanket on my legs. I laid my head on the edge of Kari's bed and then felt fingers intertwine through mine. "Goodnight my stubborn princess," Kari said kissing the back of my hand. "Night honey," I smiled up at him.

I awoke the next morning to see I was still holding Kari's hand and he was still asleep. I carefully removed my hand from his and them grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote a note to Kari.

'Hey babe,

If you wake up and I'm not here I went down the cafeteria to get breakfast for Cat. ill be back soon XOXO

-Abigail'

I left the note on the little table thing that was near the bed and walked out of the room quietly.

I walked down to the cafeteria and grabbed two coffees, chocolate milk, and 4 breakfast tacos. I definitely had my hands full.

I got to the room without spilling anything and saw Cat sitting in bed with Kari. "I've brought breakfast," I said smiling at the sight they were both watching sponge bob. "Good food yay!" Kari exclaimed glaring at the tray of mushy oatmeal. I laughed and walked over to where the two sat together. "How's your knee feeling baby?" I asked him. "Alright they gave me more pain medicine," he told me. I nodded and then gave everyone their breakfast tacos and drinks.

We got home and Cat went up to her room to play with Cassidy and Isabel. Jacob sat on the couch in Ollis lap while watching tv. Addison sat cuddled up beside olli. "Kari baby go sit ill pack for us," I told him and kissed his cheek.

I walked into the bedroom and pulled out two suitcases. I then heard the distant sound of crutches and some cursing. Kari soon appeared in the bedroom door frame. "Damn stairs," Kari said causing me to laugh. I walked over to Kari and stood on my tippy toes and kissed him. "I didn't want you to be alone up here," Kari said and then went and sat on the bed. I grabbed a pillow and carefully set his leg up. "How are you feeling honey?" I asked him while I continued to pack my clothes. "Alright in a little pain," he told me. I felt bad for him. Seeing Kari in the big knee brace that was locked straight made me feel bad for him.

I zipped up my suitcase and then Karis. Kari was asleep by now. I quickly packed Cats bag and now it was time to head to my parents house. I went and changed Cat into black leggings and then a Lehtonen jersey. I slipped on a pair of legging, a white v-neck and then slipped on my Finland Lehtonen hoodie, and then of course the matching TOMs. I threw my hair into a high ponytail and then put Cat in her car seat. I loaded the luggage into my car with Ollis help.

I watched as Addison buckled her kids up. "So olli what's the gender of the baby?" I asked smirking. "Addison told me not to tell you sorry," he said shyly. I sighed guess I have to wait. "You've already got Jacob on skates?" I asked him referring to having his son start playing hockey. "Yeah he's 3 now you gotta start them early," olli said laughing as he finished putting my suitcase in the car. I chuckled and then went to go wake up Kari.

"Kari baby it's time to wake up," I said sweetly pressing my lips gently to his. "Wake me up like that more often," Kari said after I pulled away from kissing him. I chuckled and then handed him his crutches. He headed down to the car and got in the passenger side. "Alright so we will follow you," I told Olli since Addison was already in the car. He nodded and we were off for the long four hour drive.