Chapter 4

(Abigail pov)

I woke up and stretched and than walked into Cats bedroom. "Hey Cat it's time to wake up honey. It's time to go to Robins house," I told her shaking her slightly. She yawned and then sat up brushing her hair from her eyes and rubbing her eyes with her little fist. "Morning mommy," she said yawning. "Morning Cat," I replied and stood up to pick out an outfit for her. I picked out a pair of black tights with a pink skirt that she loved wearing and a black t-shirt with pink flowers. "Can we get dressed Cat?" I asked her. Cat sometimes wouldn't let me. She nodded smiling and standing up. I dressed her and then carried her down the stairs. I set her hair down at the table and then set a plate of peanut butter toast in front of her. I then made myself two slices.

"Did you get all the your toys?" I asked em going through her bag and tossing an extra pairs of clothes inside just in case. "yes," she said. "Go grab your shoes Cat," I told her and heard her little feet patter to the door. She then ran back to me holding her pink sandals in her hands. I slipped the little sandals with flowers on her feet. "Alright let's go to Robins house," I said smiling and taking her and putting her in her car seat.

After the 15 minute drive to Robins house I pulled into her driveway. I unbuckled my daughter and held her on my hip while her bag was slung over my shoulder. I knocked on Robins door and Robin opened the door holding her daughter Lily. "Hey Abigail. Hey Cathy," she said smiling and opening the door. "Okay Cat behave while I'm gone. I'll be back soon I love you," I said hugging her and then kissing her forehead. "Here's her bag Robin I'll be back at around 7:30," I told her handing over Cathy's bag to robin. "Alright have a good day at work," she said smiling. "Bye Cat," I said waving. "Bye mommy!" she yelled and then I was off to work.

After a long work shift it was time to pick up Cat. I walked up tired as all get out and knocked on Robins door. "Hey Abigail," Robing said. "Cat mommies here!" robin yelled and then my daughter and Lily ran out. Cat came and hugged my legs. "I missed you mommy!" she said smiling. "Missed you to honey," I said smiling and then grabbing Cats bag and strapping her into the car seat. I closed the door and then waved at Robin and Lily.

I drove home and then as soon as I unlocked the door Cathy ran up to her room to play. My phone the started to ring. I looked down to see it was Kari.

"Hey Kari," I said.

"Hey Abigail," he said.

"What's up?" I questioned why he was calling me.

"Are you still up for the date?" he asked.

"I would love to but, I don't have anyone to watch Cat," I told him sighing.

"What about one of the guys on the team?" he suggested.

"Like who?" I questioned.

"Ummm how about....uh there's Jamie and Tyler?" He ask.

"Call them and see if they would mind and then text me," I told him.

"Okay!" he exclaimed his voice hopeful and then I heard the click signaling he hung up. I then started picking up some of Cathy's toys and unpacked her bag from earlier. My phone buzzed in my back pocket signaling I received a text. I looked down to see it was from Kari.

Kari: They said they would do it. What's your address?

Me: Great!

I then gave Kari my address and then walked into Cats room. "hey Cat," I said standing in the doorway. "Hi mommy," she said looking up from her toys. "Cat some friends are going to come over to watch you while mommy goes out with a friend okay?" I asked her she looked up at me. "I don't want you to leave mommy," she said running up and hugging my legs.

I picked her up just as the door bell rang. I walked down stairs holding my daughter. I opened the door to see Jamie and Tyler standing there. "H-Hey guys," I said stuttering shocked that two dallas stars players where on my door step! I never actually expected to get close to the players.

"Why don't y'all come in," I said smiling and opening the door. The two players walked into my house. "Alright Cat this is Tyler and Jamie. they're going to watch you tonight okay?" I said to my daughter. She nodded frowning. "If you're a good girl we can go buy new clothes for your baby doll tomorrow," I told her which made her face light up.

A knock on the door disrupted me from explaining more so to Jamie than Tyler about my daughter. I walked to the door to see Kari there. "Hey Kari come on in. I just need to change really quick and I'll be ready to go," I told him letting him in my home and then jogging up the stairs.

I put on a pair of light wash jeans and a long sleeve white shirt with an orange infinity scarf which I matched with my orange converse. I smiled at myself in the mirror and then walked down the stairs.

I walked into the living room to see the three buff hockey players playing dolls with my daughter. I smiled at the sight and then took a picture making sure they didn't hear me. I then made my presence known,"Hey Kari you ready?" I asked smiling. "Yup and you look beautiful," he said causing me to blush. "thanks," I said quietly. I walked to the door with Kari and Jamie and Tyler walked to the door with us and Jamie was holding Cat.

"Bye kids! Kari have her back by 10:30," Tyler said in a stern joking tone which made me chuckle and the Jamie said,"They grow up so fast." He then whipped away a fake year causing us to laugh. "Bye Cat. I love you," I said kissing her forehead. "Goodbye mommy I love you too," she said waving her little hand as I walked to the car with Kari and that's how our night of fun ad laughs began!