Chapter 63

(Abigail's pov)

We lost.... I can't believe we lost. I sat there my heart breaking seeing the boys sad faces. I felt a tear slip down my cheek as Kari held me in his arms. "It's okay baby," he said rubbing my back.

I walked into the locker room cat asleep in my arms and Kari on my right. I sighed sad seeing all the guys sad faces. I knew their was nothing I could say to make them feel better. Nothing I could do to take away their heart break. No matter how bad I wanted to. I handed Cat to Kari and went and hugged each boy telling them they did all they could.

I got in the car Kari on my left. I started the car and started our way home. Even Kari was upset I knew he felt like its his fault because he got injured. Which we all know it wasn't. Right now I knew he needed time.

I walked out of cats bedroom after putting her to bed and went into the kitchen. My phone began to ring.

Me: Hey Addison.

Addison: Hey. I saw y'all got kicked out tonight.

Me: yeah. How'd y'all do?

Addison: We got kicked out too.

Me: I'm sorry. How's Olli taking it?

Addison: not to good. He's sitting on the couch re watching the game over and over again. Ive seen him wipe tears from his eyes and it kills me.

Me: I know what you mean. Karis blaming himself because he got hurt.

Addison: How about we take a little vacation. You, me, Kari, Olli, and the kids. We can go to the beach. Do some fishing, swimming, and shopping?

Me: that actually sounds like a great surprise for the boys and the kids.

Addison: Alright how about we talk about this in the morning.

Me: alright night love you.

Addison: night love you too.

I hung up and walked into the bed room to see Kari with his head in his hands.

I walked over and crouched down in front of him my hands resting on his knees.

"Kari look at me," I spoke softly. Kari glanced up and I saw the tears staining his cheeks. "Hey none of that babe," I said quietly wiping his cheeks.

I sat on the bed beside Kari and rubbed his back. He put his head on my shoulder. "Kari honey it wasn't your fault," I told him quietly.

"Yes it was. If I never got hurt then I could have kept playing and we might have won," he said sniffling.

I pulled away so Kari would look at me. "Kari this was NOT your fault. Anyone could have scored. The Hawks just happened to win this one. You can't blame yourself. You win as a team and lose as a team. No matter if you were playing or not," I told him. he looked down at his hands and then back up at me. I wrapped him in a hug because I knew that's what he needed. No one likes to lose especially not something as big as the Stanley Cup but, the Blackhawks are a tough team and we all knew that going into this.

I rubbed Karis back and held him in my arms until I knew he was okay. This would take time to get over and I've got to give Addison props because this isn't easy dealing with. So many people only think about hockey girlfriends/wives as people who spend the money and watch their husbands/boyfriends win and party when they win but, no one ever thinks how hard it is when they lose. How much they blame themselves. It's tough but, I love Kari to the ends of the earth and would do anything for him.

I pulled away and kissed Kari. I stood up and started to change. "Now change honey," I told him. "Can we have fun tonight?" he asked quietly. "will it make you smile and it feel better?" I teased. "Yes," he said smiling. "Then we sure as hell can!" I said giggling.

I kissed Kari before I fell asleep. "I love you baby," I told him. "I love you too. Thanks for helping me feel better," he said kissing my cheek and cuddling into me. I fell asleep smiling. I could tell the off season was going to be great! Not to mention the fact our wedding was getting closer. I couldn't wait to be Mrs. Lehtonen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Hey guys! sorry for my updating August has even busy especially with school about to start up so I apologize plus I'm trying to work on my other stories but, anyways here you go! tell me what you think? I hope it's not to short!!