Chapter 13

(Abigail's pov)

I sighed as I grabbed the clipboard and looked over it before walking into the room with my next animal patient. All it says is the dogs leg is hurt. I took a deep breath and walked into the room. I plastered a smile on my face.

"Hello I'm Abigail. What seems to be the problem today?" I asked the lady whose dog sat on the table. "My dog. It's foot is hurt," she said.

I nodded and jotted down a few notes. "Was your dog doing something that may have caused it to become hurt?" I asked looking up at the lady. "We were playing outside!" she replied with a slightly raised voice. I nodded and wrote that down. "Okay I'll do my best to find out what's wrong," I said. She nodded and then started messing with her iPhone. "What's her name?" I asked standing up from the chair and walking over to the exam table. "Jewel," the lady said glancing at me.

After wrapping Jewels leg and giving her pain medication and instructions I left the room. I sighed a sigh of relief after my shift ended. This job was stressful at time especially when an animal passed its hard telling families that kind of stuff.

I got out of my car and walked up to Robins house to get Cat. I knocked on the door.

"Hey Abigail!" Robin said pulling me into a hug. "Hey Robin! I'm here to get Cathy so we can go get ready for the game. You're coming right?" I asked. "Of course!" she said smiling. "Cat your moms here!" she yelled. We heard the thuds of feet and then Cat and Lily appeared smiling.

I buckled Cat into her car seat and closed the door. "Thanks so much Robin!" I said smiling. "No problem. See you tonight," Robin said smiling. I waved and then got in my car.

"Mommy where are we gowing?" my daughter asked as I backed out of the driveway to head home. "Home sweetie," I told her.

We arrived home and I went up to Cats room with Cat to get her dressed. I slipped her Seguin jersey over her head and then some blue jeans on her. I picked her up and placed her on my bed so I could get ready. "Mommy?" Cat asked as I stood in my closet pulling on my Lehtonen jersey over my head. "Yes sweetie?" I asked. "Can I talk to daddy?" she asked bringing me my phone which she was playing on. I felt my heart break but, then I saw she was looking at Kari's picture. "You wanna talk to Kari?" I asked. "Ya mommy," she said smiling.

I picked up my phone and dialed Kari's number. Kari picked up after two rings.

"Abigail is something wrong?" Kari asked worry lacing his tone.

"No babe don't worry I'm fine. Cat wants to talk to you," I told him.

"Oh okay. I'll talk to her," he said sweetly.

I handed the phone over to Cat and she went and hopped on my bed I put it on speaker phone so I could hear the conversation.

"Hey Cat," Kari said the smile evident in his voice.

"Hi daddy," Cat said making my heart swell. "Mommy and I are coming to see you," Cat said.

"Well I'm very excited to see my two favorite people!" Kari exclaimed excited and you could hear the pure joy in his voice.

"Yay. Mommy said I get a new shirt!" My daughter said excitedly refuting to the Lehtonen jersey I am getting her.

"That's exciting. We'll I've got to go honey. Ill see you later okay?" Kari said sweetly.

"Okay bye daddy! Mommy and I love you," my daughter said smiling.

"I love y'all too," He said smiling sweetly.

"Bye daddy," she said and then she handed me the phone.

"Bye honey," Kari said and then hung up the phone.

We pulled up at the arena and I went and picked up Cat and carried her into the arena. I smiled at the energy it was exciting.

I walked into the fan store and picked up a Lehtonen jersey for Cat. I went and payed for it then walked to where our seats were. I sat down beside Robin and placed the bag and my purse since Cat sat in my lap.

Warmups started and Cat pointed at Kari once he came on the ice. Kari of course came over and flipped a puck over the glass for cat. Cat picked it up and waved. "Mommy daddy," she said smiling pointing at Kari. Robin looked at me shocked and I just shrugged.

The stars fell 2-1 against the Toronto Maple Leafs. I took my pass to the locker room along with Cats and held her hand as we walked down. Before we went into the locker room I bent down to Cats level. "Cat you can't step on the star inside okay?" I told her. "Why mommy?" she asked. "Its lava and only bad girls step on lava," I told her just making an excuse up off the top of my head. "Okay mommy," she nodded. I held onto her hand and then a security guard let us in. The mood wasn't to happy of course because the Stars lost.

"Daddy!" Cat yelled running over to Kari and jumping in his lap. "Hey princess," Kari said smiling and you could feel the energy in the room lighten up. "Look daddy," she said smiling and holding the puck out to him. "Ah you kept the present," he said smiling a bright smile at her. "She keeps them all," I told Kari walking over and kissing his cheek. "Hey babe did you enjoy the game?" he asked wrapping an arm around me as Cat hoped off his lap to go talk to Tyler and Jamie who she was now close too as well. "Yup I did. You did great," I told him. He sighed and nodded knowing not to argue with me.

I leaned down and kissed Kari. "Now go shower you stink," I joked. Kari laughed and then stuck his tongue out and went to shower. I walked over to Tyler and Jamie. "Good game y'all," I said smiling. "Thanks," Jamie said. "You know I didn't know Kari had a kid," Tyler joked. I elbowed him as I glanced at my daughter who sat swinging her leg from Kari's stall. I smiled and hugged Tyler and Jamie as they left. Kari came out soon after. "You lovely ladies ready to head home?" Kari asked smiling. I nodded and so did my tired daughter.

Kari followed me to my house and came inside I put Cat to bed and then changed into a pair of yoga pants but, kept my Lehtonen jersey on. "You look good in my jersey," Kari said smirking and kissing me sweetly and passionately. "Thanks babe," I said after breaking from the kiss. Kari and I've been dating for about two months now and let me tell you best two months ever. "So I heard your birthdays next week. What do you want?" Kari asked as we laid in bed. "I don't care. I've got you so nothing," I told him. He just chuckled and shook his head. I laid my head on Kari's chest and fell asleep to the sound of Kari's heart beat.