Chapter 41

(Abigail's pov)

It was game three today currently the series was tied 1-1. I was excited for game three but, as always nervous. I decided to just walk around with Cat until the game started. "Are you Karis girlfriend?" some guy wearing a ducks jersey asked. "No," I lied. Something about this guy didn't feel right. "Yeah you are dont lie to me bitch," he said with a hard glare. "I'm not lying," I told him and started to walk off holding Cat. "Come back here," he demanded. I just walked even faster to AAC.

I sighed a sigh of relief once I entered the AAC that guy was a creep. Cat and I walked around when a security guard walked up to us. "Abigail and Cat?" the man asked. "Umm yes," I told him. "Follow me a player has requested to see you," the man said smiling.

I walked into the locker room to see Kari was a bundle of nerves. I put Cat down and she went and sat on Jamie's lap. I walked over to Kari and crouched down in front of him. I grabbed his hands and kissed the back of his hands. "Look at me," I whispered. Kari looked at me. "Babe you have absolutely no reason to be nervous sweetie. You go play your game how you do. All of these guys have your back okay?" I said. Kari smiled at me and I could tell his nerves were starting to ease. "Okay thanks babe," he said leaning over to kiss me. "Now get ready to win," I told him pecking his lips before Cat went around and kissed each guy on the cheek.

I sat besides Robin all smiles. "Why are you so smiley?" she asked laughing. "I have a great feeling about the game!" I told her. The guys came out for warmups and Kari tossed Cat a puck. I smiled as Cat held the puck in her hands. "I feel a win coming on," Robin told me smiling while holding her daughter in her arms.

It was the end of the third and the game was going into overtime. I was a nervous reck. "Go daddy!" my daughter yelled. I smiled at her yelling that. Perry skated down the ice he beat the defenders. It was a breakaway! I watched nervously as he took the shot... SAVE! KARI SAVED IT! I let out a sigh of relief. I watched as Jamie won the face off and headed up the ice. He faked a slap shot and then sent it right through the five hole. The goal horn went off and I stood up along with Cat,Robin, and everyone else in the AAC. We were all smiling and cheering!

I walked into the locker room and everyone was all smiled. "Congrats guys!" I said smiling. "Thanks!" they all said at the same time. I walked over and kissed Kari before going outside to wait of course with a sleeping Cat in my arms. I looked up when I heard footsteps. I saw Corey Perry walking towards me. 'What is he doing?' I wondered. "Hey your Lehtonens girl right?" he questioned. I honestly hated Perry. I rolled my eyes and then replied,"Yes why?" "We were wondering if we could talk to you," he said.

I walked into the ducks locker room Cat still asleep on my shoulder. "So uh what do y'all want," I asked standing in the room of hockey players. Just then the Ducks head coach came in the room. "Oh good you guys got her," he said. "What can I help you with," I said sighing. "My puppy is sick will you look at her?" he asked me. "Uh sure. One sec I need to give Cat to Kari," I told him. I walked out of the room slightly confused but, just shrugged it off. "Oh Tyler hold Cat for a minute! Thanks," I said handing Cat to Tyler.

I looked at the puppy and the poor thing looked exhausted. "Its just a cold. Make sure she gets lots of rest and takes this antibiotic," I told him writing him a prescription. "Here's 1,500 dollars thanks for the help," he told me handing me cash. "No dont worry about it," I told him handing him the money back. "Nope you're taking it," he told me. "Okay thanks," I said awkwardly before walking out to the hall to see Kari holding Cat.

"Where were you?" Kari asked as I walked up to him and we headed out of the arena. "The Ducks head coach wanted me to look at his sick puppy and then he gave me 1,500 dollars," I told him. "Wow," Kari said. Kari buckled in Cat and we both quietly sang to the radio the whole way home.

"Congrats on the win baby," I told him wrapping my arms around his neck. "Thanks sweetie," he told me and then he put his hands on my hips and we started slow dancing while I don't dance by lee Brice played quietly in the background. "You know you could have gone out with the guys to celebrate," I told him looking up at him. "Baby I would rather stay with you and day," he told me smiling. I leaned up and kissed him. It was the perfect ending to a pretty much perfect night!