Chapter 20

(Abigail's pov)

I walked down the isles. I stood at the hotdog buns. They come in packs of 8 and I've got a lot of people coming.... Lets see. I put my finger to my chin. I grabbed nine packs of hot dog buns and nine packs of hamburger buns. "I hope that's enough," I mumbled to myself. I then went to the chip isle and grabbed a couple bag of different flavored chips. Now beer we're gonna need lots of that I thought. I walked over and grabbed a couple of cases of different kinds. I grabbed condiments and then decided I was set.

I drove home and yelled,"Honey I'm home." I set the grocery bags on the table. "Cat you want to get dressed in your swim suit?" I asked her smiling. My daughter nodded and we went upstairs to her room. I slipped the Minnie Mouse swim suit on her and then went into my bedroom to change. I slipped on a pink and white polka dot bikini. "Wow babe looking good," Kari said hobbling into the room. I blushed and giggled. "So are you baby," I told him smiling and checking him out. "Yeah I'd look better without the knee brace though," he said frowning. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist loosely so I could still look up at him. "I still think you're very hot," I said while walking my fingers up his chest. Karis eyes turned a darker blue. "dont tempt me babe," Kari growled into my ear and then kissed my neck causing me to shiver. The door bell rang causing Kari and I to pull apart. "Shit," Kari mumbled annoyed. "sorry babe," I said dragging my hand across Karis chest before leaving the room. I heard Karis crutches click against the floor as I went to get the door.

"Abigail hey! Where Cat?!" Tyler asked as Jamie and him came into my house. "Ty!" My daughters voice rang through the hall as she came running to the door. Tyler picked her up and spun her around. Kari finally came to the door. "Wow Kari what did the doctor say bud?" Jamie asked patting Kari on the back. "ACL tear out about 6 weeks if I'm lucky," Kari told him. More guest arrived and it was time to hang out. I opened the doors of the pool so you could see outside and such it was nice. I went into the kitchen and poured the bags of chips into different bowls. "Hey Abigail you got any beer?" Tyler asked. "Yup check the fridge," I told him. He walked over and opened the fridge and got 3 beers. I walked out and put the bowls on the table. I saw some guys playing roller hockey while a lot of the wife's and kids were in the pool playing and splashing around. I walked over to Kari who was at the grill. "Foods looking good babe," I told him smiling. "Not as good as you," Kari said smirking. "Ew get a room you too," Gonchar joked. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked over to the pool. "Mommy come swim with me," Cat said smiling at me with her little arm floats. I got in the pool and Cat swam over to me.

"Cat want to try swimming without the floats?" I asked. "no mommy," cat said shaking her head.Cat and I played in the pool for a while longer with the other families and I got to know some of the guys wife's and girlfriends better. "Foods ready!" Tyler yelled into the house.

I got out of the pool and dried Cat off and then myself. I grabbed a hot dog and put ketchup and mustard on it. I walked over and sat on the couch between Kari and Jamie. Jamie flipped through the channels and finally stopped on friends. I finished my hot dog and started to clean up some of the mess.

Everyone left around 10:00 and Cat was in bed for a while now. I showered and changed into a pair of yoga pants with the stars logo and a long sleeve white t-shirt. I walked down stairs to see Kari sitting in the living room watching criminal minds. I smiled at him as I entered. He was wearing sweat pants and a Dallas stars hockey shirt. I sat down beside him. "How's your knee babe?" I asked leaning into his shoulder. "Fine," he said wrapping his arms around me. "We never got to finish what we started," Kari whispered huskily. I leaned up and kissed his sweet lips.

I sighed in content that night laying in bed it was a good night and before u ask no Kari and I didn't do anything but, make out. Let me tell you it was nice too.