Chapter 78

Cat was with my mom because the boys were due any day now and Kari and I were both excited and nervous. I was huge by now and couldn't wait to meet my sons. I rubbed my belly as I watched the Stars play.

Currently the boys were winning 2-1 against the Coyotes and Kari was doing amazing. I sat in the box with the other girlfriends and wives and we actually became really good friends. Sadly Robin and I haven't talked much anymore as she's been busy with her child and of course work. Which I completely get.

It was about 10 minutes into the second period when a pain came from my stomach and then water rushed from me and I felt like I had just peed myself.

"Abigail are you okay?" Tyler's girlfriend asked me worry shining on her face.

"No! These babies are coming I need to get to a hospital," I said and then everyone started running around like a chicken with their heads cut off.

"Come on!" Tyler's girlfriend said grabbing my arm and walking me out of the box as we tried to get through the people.

"Move! she's having a baby!" Amanda yelled and it looked hilarious because Amanda was about 6 months pregnant now.

"Two babies," I grumbled holding my stomach as we wobbled to the locker room.

Amanda wobbled quickly down the hall near the entrance of the bench and got the doctor who told the coach so that Kari could leave the ice.

A couple of seconds later I heard the whistle and then I heard the announcer say, "And the stars are pulling Lehtonen." I knew everyone was confused.

Kari ran down the hall in his gear and kissed my cheek before going to change.

"If he doesn't hurry I'm having these babies right here!" I told Amanda squeezing her hand while the doctor gave me instructions on how I should be breathing.

Kari came out and picked me up running to the car Amanda slowly wobbling behind.

"You coming with us?" Kari asked behind his shoulder as we got to the car.

I climbed in the passenger side and Kari got in the drivers side while Amanda got in the back seat.

About 10 minutes later we pulled up to the hospital and wobbled in. I was brought a wheel chair and they pushed me up to the labor and delivery floor while Kari followed behind with Amanda.

They checked me into my room and the doctor came in telling me I was only 3 centimeters dilated. They gave me an epidural and I started to feel a lot better.

It was currently 6 am the following day and from what Kari told me Tyler, Jamie, Amanda, and my parents were waiting in the waiting room. The doctor came back in the room and checked once again how dilated I was.

"Alright it's time to start pushing Abigail," the doctor said surprising me, but I assumed I was close since my contractions were very close together.

Kari stood beside me and held my hand and the pain began.

After what felt like forever of pushing I had two beautiful baby boys in my arms.

"They're beautiful," Kari said kissing my head.

"They look just like their daddy," I said smiling and handing Kari Baby A.

"What are their names?" The nurse asked.

"Babies A is Ezra Matthew Lehtonen," Kari said smiling.

"And baby B is Luke Jussi Lehtonen," I said smiling down at the precious angels in my arm.

I held the boys and smiled and I couldn't wait for cat to meet the boys and our life as a family to start. I couldn't believe this is my life, but I'm so blessed to have it.