Chapter 44

I'm sorry for not updating I was on vacation with no wifi.

Sophie's pov-

I walked into the half empty class, it's normally not so empty but I guess seniorites has already began. Usually senior don't start missing a bunch of school till at least the middle of the school year but it must have started early this year.

I took my seat next to Ben because he was basically the only person I talk to in this class. He was typing away on his phone not even acknowledging my presence.

"Why are you so into your phone," I asked and he jumped obviously not knowing I was there.

"Nothing," he shrugged "you stopped by again yesterday while Dana was there?" Ben asked

"Yeah, I left my charger there" I told him "how did you know?" I asked wondering how Ben would know I came by again after we both left then I knew exactly who told him. Fucking Dana.

"Dana" we both said at the same time and Ben chuckled

"Let me guess he made up some disgusting story about me coming over to see him or to have sex with him or something" I said I know Dana and if he told Ben I stopped by he made it sound perverted in some sort of way.

"Yeah, but I knew he was lying. You coming over today so we can work on the project?" He asked then the teacher walked in

"Open your books to
Page 304" she said her voice laced with annoyance so she obviously wasn't in a good mood already this morning.

"Yeah," I whispered as I took my book out and opened it up to the correct page number.

•~•~•~•~

After school I decided I would just go straight to bens house so we could take an hour or so and work on the project then I could have the rest of my day to do whatever.

To: Ben
Hey I'm just gonna come by right after school. Is that okay?

Ben replied not even a minute later with 'that's fine'

So in 7th period right as the bell rang I went to my locker and seen carter standing there waiting for me. He was dressed in what I assume are gym clothes because it was red basketball short and a grey cutoff with some old basketball shoes.

"Tell me you just came from gym and this isn't just what you wore to school today?" I asked. Carter drives himself to school as he's been doing lately since he got his brand new car which still kinda bothers me.

"It is, are you going straight home after school?" He asked and I eye'd him suspiciously. He normally doesn't care what I do, actually when I try to tell him something he ignores me. So, why is he asking about my plans out of nowhere.

"Maybe. why?" I asked as he rolled his eyes at my suspicious reply.

"I just need to know because I forgot the house key and dad said him and your mom wouldn't be home. so If you aren't then give me the key" he explained not without lacking the major attitude. He held his hand out obviously suspecting I wasn't going home.

"Where's yours?" I asked as I stuffed my books into my locked and he huffed with annoyance.

"I forgot it, geez Sophie do you have to always be so complicated?" Carter said his voice leaking with aggravation. I pulled the house key off my key ring and placed it in his hand but pulled it away before his fingers could wrap around it.

"If you leave the house you better leave the key outside because I need to get in," I warned. he nodded before he snatching the key from my fingers and jogged to the school doors.