Chapter 39

Sophie's pov-

"What are you doing snooping around my house princess?" Dana asked a smirk on his mouth as he looked over me.

"I'm not anymore, I'm leaving" I went to walk away but Dana grabbed ahold of my charger. "Stop!" I snapped and grabbed the other end of my charger.

"Your going to break it" he simply said as he watched me become angry. "Don't you want to know how court went?" He asked with a knowing smile. Is he trying to annoy me right now.

"No," I laughed and pulled on the white cord that we both had a hold of.

"If it breaks it's your fault," Dana accused

"If you let go nothing will get broken," I said "oh and btw by nothing getting broken I mean if you let go now you might still be able to have children in the future!" I threatened and he chuckled.

"I forgot how cute you are," he pulled the cord and I felt like it was freshman year all over again as I lost my balance and came tumbling into Dana. He caught me effortlessly and dipped me over as if we were just slow dancing. "My princess fell into my arms," he winked and I quickly got back onto my feet pushing him away.

"Stop touching me and stop calling me that!" I yelled at him.

"so so you want to know what happened in court?" He asked

"No," I said. I attempted to walk out. he ran around me and shut the door then covered the door with his body.

"Don't you want to know if I'm going to prison for assault?" He obviously wanted to tell me and I doubt he'll let me leave if I don't let him tell me.

"Fine, please tell me your going away" I bitterly said. He smirked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Wrong sweetheart," as soon as that word came from his mouth I felt like It was the first day of freshman year again. I felt like that scatter shy girl who didn't want any attention of herself. I felt uncomfortable under his stare suddenly. "But I'd much rather just do a couple months then be trapped in this damn house" he said and pulled his pant leg up showing a thick black ankle bracelet.

"House arrest?" I laughed as he rolled his eyes.

"This shit is going to be annoying as hell! I can't leave the yard and if I do I have like 10 seconds to get back or the dick head cops are coming" he complained "I'm going to be so bored, tell me you and Ben have that senior project together," he asked with a small smirk that he tried to hide.

"Maybe, whys it matter?" I asked and he shrugged as he moved from in front of the door.

"See you later, sweetheart" he put emphasis on sweetheart like he knew it made me feel like I went back in time and he just sat down in front of me in first period.

"Okay.." I watched him cautiously as I walked out. I wasn't sure what Dana was trying to do or if this was a way of messing with me.

I started my way down the steps and across the street.

"Hey Sophie, you forgot something" I turned around to see him with his arm out stretched toward me

"I am NOT giving you a hug Dana" I snapped and he chuckled

"Don't be so full of yourself princess, you forgot your charger." He had that stupid grin on his face as I walked back to him. I snatched the charger from him and his grin grew wider.

~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~

Jace's pov-

"Hello?" I groggily answer my phone in the dead of night. When nobody answered I looked at my screen to see if there was a name but it was only a number I've never seen before. "Hello? Who is this?"

"Oh hey Jace.." The quiet voice replied I only know one voice that is that relaxed and soft.

"Raven?" I asked I heard her sniffle "hey, what's wrong?" I sat up in my bed.

"I'm sorry I woke you" she said

"Uh, it's fine. Everything okay?" I asked

"Not really, I'm sorry I had to call you but I didn't know who else to call," she apologized

"You need me to help you with something? Come get you?" I asked already starting to get out of bed

"Yes, I'm sorry" she apologized again

"Don't worry about it babe" I chuckled "where are you?" I asked

"I'm at my boyfriends house," I stopped mid way through tossing my shirt over my head

"Wait? Why do you need me if your with your boy toy?" I was suddenly annoyed with her. She wakes me up because she needs a ride from her damn boyfriends?

"Because.. Jace just come get me I'll explain why later" she quietly spoke "I'll text you the adress.

"Okay fine,"

•~•~•~••~•~•~••~•~

I pulled up in front of the busted up house on a bad side of town. I've been here before with some of the guys I used to hang out with and I know this is a drug neighborhood. I saw raven come running out the house with a big hoodie and exposed legs.

She jumped into my car and turned away from me.

"You going to tell me now?" I asked my voice filled with annoyance. She had the hood pulled over her head covering her face.

"Let's just go please" she quietly said

I drove off and raven asked to go to my house to speak about why she needed me to get her.

"Let me guess you guys broke up or something? I can just take you home if that's all babe" I laughed she was quiet and I shook my head knowing I was right.

Girls are way to sensitive.

"He hit me" she quietly whispered almost so I couldn't hear. I slammed on my brakes an looked over at her.

"What?!" I snapped she turned farther from me in the seat where he whole body was facing the window. I reached out and pulled her hood back. My jaw dropped at the swollen and bruised marks on her face.

Her eye was a mixture of black, purple and green. It was practically swollen shut It looked horrible, if didn't go with her beautiful blue eyes. She had swollen lips and a giant bruise on her cheek bone. I noticed the finger shaped bruises on her pale neck.

"Are you fucking kidding me! He didn't just hit you! He fucking beat the shit out of you!" I was beyond pissed and the more I took in her appearance the more pissed I became. She was in her under wear and a hoodie, she had bruises along her tiny legs. She didn't say a word just turned away from me pulling her hood up. "I'm going back there to kick his fucking ass!" I snapped as I did a U-Turn. She grabbed my arm.

"No! Please Jace leave it alone. He doesn't even know I left I had to sneak out after he fell asleep!" She yelled the loudest I ever heard her speak but her voice was shaky.

"No! He won't touch you again because he'll be in the hospital for a couple months after I'm done with him!" She started crying, tears running down her face.

"Please Jace, don't!" She begged I was stopped at a stop sign. "He has a gun, he'll shoot you" she warned and I shook my head. I looked down the vaguely lit street comparing the good and bad of actually go to kick this guys ass. "Please Jace don't" she begged again her hand still wrapped around my bicep.

"Fine, I'll take you to my house so your parents don't see you like this" I said "I think we can take the swelling down, so it won't look so bad" I said trying to remain calm as I drove. "Why did he do it," I couldn't help but ask.

"He.. He found out about the virginity game"