Changes

I sat behind the steering wheel. All was quiet except for the purr of the engine. My foot hovered over the gas pedal.
I turn to look out the right window of the black Mustang. The large extravagant lobby to a tall hotel showed no sign of civilian life.
I waited and watched. The tension rose as each second passed drearily.
Then a smile grew widely on my face as a familiar person ran speedily toward me. It was my friend, Elias.
He jerked the passenger door open as a figure started to pursue him.
Before Elias could close his door, I slammed my foot down on the gas. The tires squealed loudly on the asphalt as it took off wildly.
Elias waved at the pursuer mockingly to show his achievement.
"Put your seatbelt on." I said.
Elias laughed as he grabbed the strap, "We just accomplished another mission, and you're thinking about car safety?"
"Yes, because driving is harder than flying. Wrecking would be a lot easier than falling out of the sky." I say as I turn a corner too sharply and nearly sideswipe a passing car.
"See what I mean? I still don't know how I got my driver's license." I tell him.
He just laughs, "Well, you're a great get-away-driver."
I smile and focus on the road. Elias turns on the radio and loud music comes from the speakers inside the doors.
"Ow! That's a little too loud." I say over the music.
He turns it down, "Sorry, I forget about how sensitive your ears are."
I nod and quickly glance at him, "Did you get what we needed?"
"What do you think?" Elias says as he pulls a small cylinder from his black leather jacket.
"That's it?" I ask.
He gazes through the glass, "It should be. That guy ran after me like his life depended on it."
Elias added, "I wonder what's in here. It looks like clear water, but it could be DNA, ebola, or... or... something else dangerous."
"Yeah, best not to open it." I laugh.
The joking in his voice stopped, "That's the point. You can't open it."
I reach out, "Let me see."
He puts the glass cylinder in my hand, and I look at it as I drive with my elbows. It just looks like a five inch long glass pill. There was no lid on it.
"What would Mr.Liam want with this?" I wonder.
"Who knows? It's important and it would've had bad results." Elias says as I hand it back to him.
I then drive behind some old buildings and find my teammates' other vehicle. I turn the motor off. Then we get out of the car and walk up to our teammates as they come toward us.
"Here you go." Elias gives the cylinder to Alex, the team captain.
He takes it and looks at it with equal curiousity. Then he puts it in a black box with velvet inside.
"You both did well today." Alex congratulates.
We both nod and look at the others.
Neil glances up from his laptop, "Mr.Liam wants us to meet him at the Empire Heights Resort. He'll take the cylinder, and... he says he needs to speak with us and Anada specifically."
"That's unusual." Reina mutters under her breath.
I hope nothing bad is going on.
We then travel to the resort where we were to meet Mr.Liam at. It was easy to find, because it was one of the largest hotels in Las Vegas. Once we got there we went inside and rode an elevator up to the penthouse.
Mr.Liam usually likes to meet us in extravagant places like these. They're mostly high up and I enjoy the view. It reminds me of flying, and then it saddens me because I rarely get to fly.
The elevator door opened and we walked into the vast room. Two men stood there. One was Mr.Liam, but the other man I didn't recognize. The unfamiliar man had his eyes trained on me, and I immediately started to dislike the strange man.
Mr.Liam started talking before we even found a seat, "I am sorry to announce that I will no longer be your boss. I will be retiring from the agency and finding a more simple job."
"What?" We all said in unison.
Mr.Liam indicated to the other man with the cold eyes, "This is Leon Escapade. He is over me and will be your new boss."
Leon then shook hands with each of us. I was the last to shake his hand, and his gaze stayed on me longer than I liked.
Leon then said with a fake smile, "I am happy to be your knew manager, and I look forward to working with you."
How can he just take over like that? Leon is treating this as if he's replacing an old lightbulb.
Mr.Liam then went around to each of us and said a personal goodbye.
He finally came to me and said, "Anada, I have a feeling that our paths will cross again. Your parents were good friends of mine, and if you ever need help you know how to find me."
I nod and thank him for all he has done for me and the team.
Then Mr.Liam walks to the elevator and leaves without another word.
Something isn't right. No, not at all!
Leon puts his hands behind his back, "I would like to promote a member of this team."
We all look at each other while wondering who he had chosen.
"I'm making some new teams made of the best agents in this entire agency. I'm glad to announce that I have chosen, Anada, to join one of these new teams." Mr.Escapade says, but I don't hear a hint of congratulations in his hard voice.
I answer immediately, "Thank you, but I must decline. I work the best with this team and I wish to stay with them."
A look of annoyance crosses his face before he says, "The agents you will be working along with will be just as skilled as your current team."
"I'm sorry, but I cannot." I reply with no regret.
He straightens and acts very unpleased, but hides his attitude instead.
"Very well Agent Anada." Leon says.
I stare into his eyes and I see malice. The looks reminds me of an old enemy. An enemy who had wished to do much evil. His name was Drake, but I dislike thinking of him and his malevolent ways.
"I will contact you for your next mission. You are dismissed." Leon says then walks away.
I turned to my teammates and see them wearing the same expression I have. They looked angered and displeased.
When the elevator doors closed, Westen says quietly, "I can't believe those rumors are true. He really is making new teams."